Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Back in the 60s and 70s, there were far more oil rigs operating in the Gulf than there is today.
Do you live in Louisiana and are for oil drilling in the Gulf? You are surely in the minority then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
And of all these posts you chose mine to tell me to quit arguing about Bush and Obama. Your post smels funny.
Yours was just the most recent one. I don't understand why we can't just try to fix what we can. For instance, Obama is the President whether you voted for him or not. Also, Bush was our President whether the people you are wasting your time arguing with voted for HIM or not. It is just stupid to keep rehashing the same old arguement. People that hated Bush will hate him no matter what you say. People that hate
Obama will continue to hate him too. We know that we need to try to contain this oil spill, so that is what the thread should be about, not your political beliefs. Yes, we are talking about what Obama is doing to help, but whether Bush would have done a better job or not is completely irrelevant.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Do you live in Louisiana and are for oil drilling in the Gulf? You are surely in the minority then.
I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. The majority of my relatives either worked in or benefitted from the oil industry. They are also hunters and fishermen. The majority of oil rig workers are also hunters and fishermen. They do care about the enviroment. What happened with this rig was either a major accident through negligence or a case of sabotage. Offshore oil rigs generates it's own underwater ecosystem with a variety of sea life gathering around the rig and benefitting from the rig. The animals that feed on the human waste of the rig go on to feed the predators and scavengers. For many decades, drilling in the Gulf has been uneventful except for hurricanes and even with the hurricanes, there wasn't an accident like this. That's why some believe it was sabotage by enviromentalist.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:12 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The levee boards of New Orleans spend federal money meant for levee up keep on private purchases that had nothing to do with the levees.
Dave spare yourself. You can not educate those who opt for ignorance. I have tried, I have provided links. These fools will believe what they want to and to hell with the facts.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. The majority of my relatives either worked in or benefitted from the oil industry. They are also hunters and fishermen. The majority of oil rig workers are also hunters and fishermen. They do care about the enviroment. What happened with this rig was either a major accident through negligence or a case of sabotage. Offshore oil rigs generates it's own underwater ecosystem with a variety of sea life gathering around the rig and benefitting from the rig. The animals that feed on the human waste of the rig go on to feed the predators and scavengers. For many decades, drilling in the Gulf has been uneventful except for hurricanes and even with the hurricanes, there wasn't an accident like this. That's why some believe it was sabotage by enviromentalist.
I too think it was sabotage. I don't know anyone that lives near me that does not. I hope they find out who is guilty and they are prosecuted. It is unbelievable to me that anyone would do such a thing.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:27 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You don't understand how the government works, do you?

The chain of responsibility for the protection of the citizens in New Orleans is:

1. The Mayor
2. The New Orleans director of Homeland Security
3. The Governor
4. The Head of Homeland Security
5. The President

What did each do?
Good post and of course you are completely right...but it doesn't matter.

Within my lifetime I don't think I've ever seen the left rewrite history with such fervor. Every aspect of the left's dementia comes into play, from racism to conspiracies to downright hatred for George Bush. Witness the nonsensical postings in this thread. People can't spew out their venom for Bush fast enough. What a weird way to go through life.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I too think it was sabotage. I don't know anyone that lives near me that does not. I hope they find out who is guilty and they are prosecuted. It is unbelievable to me that anyone would do such a thing.
You are forgetting the fact that Hurricanes are sabotage also.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 AM

Our local CBS tv station provided coverage of the gathering of the caravan of boaters ready to go to New Orleans to help rescue the people trapped on their roofs. As far as I saw, it wasn't covered in the national news nor was those boaters being turned back by the state police. Some didn't go home. Some went around the state police back by going through back roads they knew in order to get into the city to help the people off the roofs. Had the governor's office let the school buses and boaters through then all those people on the bridge and in the Super Dome would have been safely evacuated completely within a few days of the initial flooding of the city.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
??????? Yea, someone controls the weather...smart post. If you mean, that the response to hurricanes is controlled, then say that.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Hurricanes do not blow up oil rigs. They have sunk a rig or two but in those cases, it never amounted to anywhere near this kind of damage to the enviroment which is why we suspect it was sabotage either through an explosive device or rigging the equipment on the well to explode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies