Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:36 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
You obviously didn't pay attention to your history classes as a child. Only the most uneducated, brainwashed, PC liberal could devise a statement of such stupidity. Mexico engaged in war with Texas, Mexico lost, Texas became a free nation, Texas later joined the USA. No one "stole" the land from Mexico. If that were the case, did Mexico steal the land from Spain, and did the Spaniards not take it from the Aztecs, who in turn stole it from other tribes? C'mon man!
I really think you and the entire state of Texas are in denial.

Texas was a Mexican state (part of its empire) and at some point in the 1820s-30s they opened the land for settlement by gringoes.

A war was faught over false pretenses, texas was independent, it joined the Union as a slave state, it left the Union to form the confederacy. The Union let it back in in 1865, and it's all been down hill since then.

Texas and Southwestern history in a nutshell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 02:42 PM

377 posts, read 684,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Most of the defenders of the Alamo were mexicans.
I don’t have anything against the Mexican people who I know a large number are victims themselves. It’s the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT, it’s cronies and it’s agents here that I have issues with, now and then.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
The southwest was stolen from Mexico to begin with, its called karma. Also, the real illegal immigrants are the ones who came from Europe.
Interesting...Central America was stolen from the natives by Mexico. So in the vein of thought you are using, Mexico needs to give it back, and the Mexicans are the real illegal immigrants from Europe also. Fail.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I really think you and the entire state of Texas are in denial.

Texas was a Mexican state (part of its empire) and at some point in the 1820s-30s they opened the land for settlement by gringoes.

A war was faught over false pretenses, texas was independent, it joined the Union as a slave state, it left the Union to form the confederacy. The Union let it back in in 1865, and it's all been down hill since then.

Texas and Southwestern history in a nutshell.
Wow, talk about denial. 'Gringos' aye? The counter term to this gets blocked by the filters. Interesting how this term slips through At any rate, you failed to counter the post you quoted with any degree of intelligence.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:56 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
My history lesson told me we chopped out Santa annas head after we finally caught him.......Too bad we cant do this today to the mexican trouble makers we catch here,,,,,funny

Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
My history lesson told me we chopped out Santa annas head after we finally caught him.......Too bad we cant do this today to the mexican trouble makers we catch here,,,,,funny
Did Houston have Santa Ana executed? I thought he went home in disgrace and his own people killed him, paving the way for ...how many decades of instability in Mexico? That continues to this day it seems.
What amazes me is how many bleeding hearts on here are talking about this 'karma' BS, and how we 'stole' the land from Mexico etc. Whatever, perhaps we did do a bit of counquering back in the day, so bloody what? If we have to fight to keep what we have now, so be it. lets quit with all the whining and bellyaching, and get to it.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:46 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow, talk about denial. 'Gringos' aye? The counter term to this gets blocked by the filters. Interesting how this term slips through At any rate, you failed to counter the post you quoted with any degree of intelligence.
haha! That's all I'm gonna say.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:55 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Did Houston have Santa Ana executed? I thought he went home in disgrace and his own people killed him, paving the way for ...how many decades of instability in Mexico? That continues to this day it seems..
Actually Santa Ana returned to Mexico to find himself out of power. He then served as president sporadically 6 more times--fought as a general against both the French and the US during the Mexican-Ameican War(where he lost his wooden leg after it was captured by US troops), lived in exile in Jamaica, Colombia, Cuba, and Staten Island, NY before dying as an old man in Mexico City in 1876--almost 40 years after the Alamo.

Last edited by Deezus; 05-01-2010 at 05:41 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 05:29 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Not to bust your dreams but about half of the defenders of the Alamo were hispanic. Some even got pensions from the Republic of Texas, ending the myth that it was wiped out.

Someone must have just watched the John Wayne version on TV

wrong. not a lot of hispanic names on the list

List of Alamo defenders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-01-2010, 05:31 PM

608 posts, read 923,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
haha! That's all I'm gonna say.
If you harbor so much hatred towards American "Gringos" and also believe that we're a nation built on land theft (see how Mexico treated the Aztecs by the way), then why not leave? Perhaps your lovely Mexico can provide for you the comfortable life you enjoy here in the terrible USA, without having to be surrounded by people you despise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies