Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Taking responsibility? Ahhh...the old "you dirty slu*" argument. "

The only way I'd get pregnant is if I was raped. I hope you're not one of those people who proposes survivors of rape carry their rapists fetus to term.

You can keep calling abortion "murder" which is what you're doing when you use the word "killing" and "kill" but I'd gladly have one if I found myself pregnant. There is no way in the world I'd carry my rapists child just so some conservative can pat him or herself on the back and say, "YAY! No abortions occurred today!" Spare me.
Wow, I'm debating with someone who is hysterial. I didn't realize that.

Now you're sayhing that kill = murder?

Okay, police kill people all the time, and it's not murder, because they are allowed to kill people in the line of duty...

I can have a car accident, and kill someone, and it not be murder.

I can kill someone who is having sex with my wife, and it would be manslaughter, not murder.

States execute people and it's not murder, but they do kill them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 08:50 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
What about the killing of millions of Middle Eastern people? Do their lives not count?
Were these people aborted?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
No, it's nice that women HAVE a CHOICE to do what they want with their bodies.
Except that the fetus you abort isn't your body. Other than that, great point. If I thought the world revovled around me, I would think that way too, But I'm not a sociopath, so I don't.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Last I checked abortion is legal so women are not breaking any laws when they have an abortion.
But before 1973 it wasn't necessarily legal. Why couldn't women be expected to obey the laws before Roe v wade, and people like you make the argument, if abortion were to be made illegal everywhere, which would never happen, that women would get them anyways. So I ask again, why can't women be expected to ob ey the laws?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
I guess if they're Muslims it's okay?

I always find it ironic when those who are anti-abortion are pro-war or are anti-abortion but against universal health care.
You care more about a clump of cells than you do actual human beings.

I don't even think most of these anti-choice people even care about fetuses. It's more about legislating control over women and seeing pregnancy as a punishment.

"If you had kept your legs shut you (expletive) then you wouldn't be pregnant!!" ::insert evil laugh here::
Bush is not longer the president. Are you aware that Obama is the president now?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If you can't be told what you can do with your body, then why can't you sell a kidney? I thought it's "my body"???

And you cannot just have a kidney and remove it and donate it to whom you want, it goes to the people on the waiting list...

So why can you choose to kill your child because it's inconvenient to you, but I cannot donate my kidney to my parent?
You CAN designate who your kidney goes to, if the person you choose needs one.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:00 PM

220 posts, read 222,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
You CAN designate who your kidney goes to, if the person you choose needs one.

that's not good enough. They want to capitalize and MAKE MONEY off of their organs.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:03 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Can someone explain to me how making it hard for a woman to have an abortion or trying to make it illegal to have an abortion follows the tenants of "small government"?

Shouldn't women be free to make their own decisions about their body?

http://www.americanprogress.org/cartoons/2009/11/img/111209.jpg (broken link)
I've wondered the same thing. Conservatives think the government shouldn't tell them what to do, but I guess they make an exception for abortion. They think the government should make people have a baby instead of having a choice. Same goes for censorship. The FCC is run by Republicans. Once again, I thought they were supposed to be against the government telling us what to do. So why do they support censorship?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
that's not good enough. They want to capitalize and MAKE MONEY off of their organs.
yet you justify abortion by saving money?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I've wondered the same thing. Conservatives think the government shouldn't tell them what to do, but I guess they make an exception for abortion. They think the government should make people have a baby instead of having a choice. Same goes for censorship. The FCC is run by Republicans. Once again, I thought they were supposed to be against the government telling us what to do. So why do they support censorship?
yet libbies love smoking bans, banning salt, banning happy meal toys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies