Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
This is not true. Colombia is the only country in the western hemisphere that does not recognize birth as a natural claim to citizenship. A child born in Mexico or Canada gets automatic citizenship. In the old world, that is not the case. Few European countries give citizenship on the basis of birth, bur France is one that does. Outside Europe, it is generally difficult for outsiders to claim citizenship in countries of Asia an Africa, even if born there.

Most of your other points are also , generally, not true, however it is possible to slip through the cracks, and with diligence and guile and accomplices, to finagle some of the points you mentioned. Few illegal aliens have been successful.

Finally, at the bottom of the barrel you are scraping, is the ridiculous language point. Everyone in the tourism and travel industries in every country in the world has taken the trouble to learn English, just for your convenience. No Mexican in the US, illegal or otherwise, expects any non-Hispanic American to learn Spanish. They do appreciate, though, that nearly all stores and offices in areas with high Hispanic populations, have employees who can speak Spanish naturally, as well as English. You sound like you think Americans who are bilingual ought to be ashamed of themselves, and not allowed be employed in jobs where they contact the public.
I wasn't talking about tourism now was I. If you move to a Country that doesn't speak English as their Native Language Then YES..You must learn the language they speak! It is the same for others who come here to live..in order to get your Citizenship you must be able to read, write, and speak simple English!
And I NEVER said that people who learn a second language should be ashamed of themselves!.. Don't go putting words in my mouth that I did not say!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Because you're better than everyone, we just want to quantify it.

I'm wondering how often you read a police report that says "suspect flinched his wrist while handing me his ID, so I stuffed his head into a wall and arrested him" ??

I read it, usually, when it is a pat down was done to ensure that there were no weapons and for personal safety issues.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
A lot, why?
Yeah? Really? How many were ILLEGAL Mexicans who had something to hide? That is, presuming you actually have read a lot. I honestly doubt you have.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There is no law against doing something that "is not a good idea". If I walk down the street without my wallet, that does not by itself make me a criminal suspect. The police have no business enforcing what you or they think are "good ideas".
Again, you put words in my mouth. Where did I say "is not a good idea"? You have a habit of inaccurately quoting me. Why is that? Because you want to read things into it that aren't there? Or is it because you are attempting to prove me wrong and if you construe what I say you look more right? Why do you misquote me?

Quote:
I walk either to the library or the supermarket almost every day. I never carry ID. I don't even carry keys, because I don't lock my door. I take either my credit card or my library card, and I always have money, just folded in my pants pocket. If I'm walking to Burger King, all I take is money and my free Whopper coupon.
Well, bully for you. So if you get run over by a car, no one will know who you are. If you have a heart attack on the sidewalk and go to the hospital, they won't know who you are. I guess that would be a problem then, for you. For me, I'm prepared with my ID when I leave the house.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Yeah? Really? How many were ILLEGAL Mexicans who had something to hide? That is, presuming you actually have read a lot. I honestly doubt you have.
Four in six months. The last one was from India, not Mexico. Nice, polite, spoke English, turned over to the proper authorities. The last three, Mexican. Then there is an entirely different section of kids that are legal, parents are not. The parents are then turned over.

I'm crushed.
So, don't believe it. Whoop-ti-doo.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:58 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
Quote:
Again, you put words in my mouth. Where did I say "is not a good idea"? You have a habit of inaccurately quoting me. Why is that? Because you want to read things into it that aren't there? Or is it because you are attempting to prove me wrong and if you construe what I say you look more right? Why do you misquote me?

Well, bully for you. So if you get run over by a car, no one will know who you are. If you have a heart attack on the sidewalk and go to the hospital, they won't know who you are. I guess that would be a problem then, for you. For me, I'm prepared with my ID when I leave the house.

And I sure as hell wouldn't use a credit card anywhere that didn't check for ID.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
Quote:
The only people who will have a real problem with this, are those who have something to hide. You and your friends had nothing, so it was no big deal, but imagine if you were ILLEGAL; you would have been defensive and paranoid about what the police wanted you for. Imagine you hadn't had any identification and you were ILLEGAL, you would have felt afraid of being stopped.

Bottom line: Only those who have no legitimacy being in the United States will have a serious problem with laws changing. THEY have something to worry about.

If I was in a non-white country LEGALLY, I would simply carry papers with me stating that I was there legally. It wouldn't be a problem for any authorities to stop me to verify my being there. If I moved to a non-white country, I would carry papers with me as well. Why would it be a problem to carry proper papers?
Only Illegals and bleeding heart morons that can't understand the law, even if they haven't read it.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times
Quote:

In the quote you quoted the poster says he brings a library card and a credit card. Therefore, he is carrying two forms of ID. Not all, but some libraries do require a SS#.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Yeah, coming from people who don't realize that hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Yeah, coming from people who don't realize that hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.
And apparently consider this man: Pima County Sheriff's Department :: Meet the Sheriff a "bleeding heart liberal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies