Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:43 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times

Advertisements

The watchdogs and the things they uncover amaze me. Then when it all gets connected we find the usual suspects are involved.
Al Gore in one of his 9 million dollar mansions, flying one of his jets and getting even richer as we speak selling carbon when he produces more than some small towns.
Am I understanding one of his points right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 07:00 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know who his "watchdogs" are but do you really think he is uncovering things nobody else knows about because he is a talented investigative reporter?
I think he is uncovering things with the help of normal citizens all over the country. He and his staff put them together after proving them to be true.
He reports them because he has the COURAGE to report them while others are off on their own agenda, which is usually either attacking or defending Obama.
He points out that all eyes are on the small fires while there is a very serious underlying cause that is never exposed. He doesn't talk about those small fires but what is happening while everybody else is looking in that direction.
Once while sitting in a restaurant, a lady started talking to me while her "partner" who was at the next table was reaching into my purse and stealing my wallet.
The plan worked! I was to busy talking to my new "friend" but the busboy saw what was going on.
They were caught in action but ran away before the police could get there.
Thanks to the busboy I got my wallet back.
I was too distracted to see and that was the plan.

Last edited by mag32gie; 05-15-2010 at 07:10 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
I watched every day this week---did my research---I found no lies in what he is telling us. I enjoy the Founding Fridays, there's alot of good information about the ppl who helped with the foundation of this country. Since learning that alot of this information has been taken out of our childrens books--It's time for states to make it mandatory in schools. Trying to erase our history is a good example of something seriously wrong going on in our country.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
I watched every day this week---did my research---I found no lies in what he is telling us. I enjoy the Founding Fridays, there's alot of good information about the ppl who helped with the foundation of this country. Since learning that alot of this information has been taken out of our childrens books--It's time for states to make it mandatory in schools. Trying to erase our history is a good example of something seriously wrong going on in our country.
As one who taught from 1958 to 1986 in public schools I can promise you that by 1980 I just couldn't find an American History text that I could, in good conscience, use. Many things were dropped from history texts in that period of time and I just couldn't stand to use the books that were being produced to use in high school. Enough had been dropped from those texts when I started and more was being done all the time. This crap has been going on for way too long and kids these days learn little about people like General Sherman other than how bad he was as a human. You have to get hold of some old books to avoid that kind of story about him. I often used to read things about how he had little military choice about how to carry out his last foray into Georgia. A hungry army couldn't follow him if there was no food for them. Such a terrible man.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
It is a cinch that something very wrong is going on in our country and control of textbook companies is one of them. People with a left bent tend to be in control and they are wiping out large chunks of our history to convince kids that we are actually a nasty bunch and only left leaning can set things right.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 PM

I agree they have been erasing and distorting facts in our history--That alone tells us this is big and dangerous. The only reason to do this would be a take-over and to change this country into their own. Same as over-throwing a government we hear about --they are doing the whole country, so far without firing a shot. And our own government's helping. Very sad and scary.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I agree they have been erasing and distorting facts in our history--That alone tells us this is big and dangerous. The only reason to do this would be a take-over and to change this country into their own. Same as over-throwing a government we hear about --they are doing the whole country, so far without firing a shot. And our own government's helping. Very sad and scary.
The sheeple will never see what is going on because they have been brainwashed, mostly in school while in Junior high and high school. Those impressive years are still being used by the left and since they have been at it for decades they have a lot of followers who have really been brainwashed.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM

Very sad that they have used children and our schools to promote evil.

I have never met a progressive----only on this forum.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:10 PM

16 posts, read 35,246 times
Initially I did not like Glenn Beck, O'Reily or even Fox news. I have been a reg. Dem my whole life but have always voted for the candidates not the party. I did not vote for Obama and as he was taking office I decided to listen to the above and other voices of Fox news. And I found they have done their research and are telling the truth! Where is all of the "lame stream" news network reporters, if Fox is so wrong why aren't they working to disprove them, isn't that why we have freedom of the press??! BTW I watch the whole Fox news lineup now!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:24 PM

I have learned to research everything. The stuff that Glenn is talking about is true and very serious. I listen to other newscasters and the catch is not to believe what anyone tells you. Trust is not a word for our media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies