Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
It's been stated far and wide by those who contrived and enjoined in the creation of the place, not by those who actually want to see the rule of law executed.

They can be tried where they are, but only by military tribunals, and that is not an actual execution of the rule of law, despite what some 3rd string neophyte says in a memo. And you know it.
Wrong answer, golf. Well, right in one way, but they were caught on a battlefield, by military personnel, and are at the moment incarcerated in a military facility, as it should be. The "rule of law" you are attempting to push on me is the civilian side of the house. They are not civilians, but illegal members of a fighting element, hence they are in fact prisoners of war, play that any way you want. And military law should prevail, IMO, over these folks.

I don't want 'em in my country for any reason, trial or incarceration, or even a firing squad if it ever came to that. There's already one, out in Colorado, in super max, and that's one too many for me.

Out of curiosity, "what some 3rd string neophyte" are you referring to? I've been out mowing in the heat, and my mind is fuzzy as a result. And do NOT take that statement anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies