Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,900,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
wtf. I understand highway construction, I get that. But I will need to do some reading and research to understand, WHY was there a need (none that I can think of) to spend on the rest.
I heard they were going to give phillipinos the right to vote . Also the road work will be given to illegals as usual . The congo will never evolve like dumpng money in a fire pit .

So basically nothing new . They knew that if they could keep our tv and computers on give us a little money for sport for a time, we would entertain ourselves into oblivian like we have done .

If they had of let us all go broke and not pumped mney into the system we would have awoken and possible saved ourselves . Now the enemy is within .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
In the old days it was called "living." Not real attractive, in the case of the Great Depression, but citizens were much more self-sufficient as they dealt with emergencies just as devastating as our current floods or oil spills.

All of us are addicts to government spending with the attendant "emergencies" but the payback is only being realized now. I am as guilty as any; we are experiencing conditions that demand we either change our lifestyle or change our government (and perhaps both).

I feel it's worse than that , I think we are one national desaster away from mashall law and a dictatorship .

Old 05-28-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Speak for yourself.

Neither my husband or myself have ever collected UE benefits, FS, welfare, disability, etc, etc, etc.

It is being abused. It is only an "emergency" because the political ramifications for obama and the democrats are dire indeed.

They broke the pay-go rule a few weeks after they passed it into law.

What did you do to make a difference? Silence is worse than greed, ask a Hitler survivor .

Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,021,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
What did you do to make a difference? Silence is worse than greed, ask a Hitler survivor .
We worked.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
We worked.
And it's a shame you may not reap the benfits for your labor. Most people were so busy trying to ean a living they didn't have time to get informed about what was going on .

If there is another American generaion maybe they will keep a better watch than we have .

of course the young now are blaming us for their future being ripped from them . They are mad and lack conscience too .

Old 05-28-2010, 10:50 PM

946 posts, read 2,608,348 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Neither my husband or myself have ever collected UE benefits, FS, welfare, disability, etc, etc, etc.
Since you are more concerned with your prejudices than clear thinking, allow me to speak for you, too.

You have driven on America's public roads, been beneficiaries of the Federal highway tax paid through gasoline and registration taxes, benefitted from our government's institutions of postal service, schools and likely social security in the future, enjoy a peaceful existence that results from the infrastructure that provides our police and military, including our military expenditures that allow both you and I to pursue our relatively carefree lifestyles in contrast to much of the rest of the world.

The only reason our government has the ability to offer "emergency" help is that they are also able to offer the above services, most of which were unknown to the men and women who settled America.

Unless you are Amish or extremely self-sufficient (like my folks who bought, built and own a solar-powered farm) 99% of Americans depend upon our government like a baby depends upon their mother. I don't like it, but I'm too tied up in my lifestyle to change it.

I worked as a teacher for 5 years, enjoying a monthly paycheck no matter what I did. Now, as a private business owner, I have a much harder row to how. However, I don't deny facts of my current reality or vilify and blame people in the government for making it so.

You are a prolific poster; in another post, you refer to Obama as a "boob." I would suggest that you invest a little more time in research, vocabulary and style and a little less in posting juvenile and puerile observations. Best of luck in your new commitment to quality, not quantity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies