Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Anyone who "announces" their homosexuality in the military after DADT is repealed will be summarily discharged from the military. Those who "announce" their homosexuality before joining the military will not be allowed to join.
Not unless they change that, which they will eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
I don't know about "a step backwards" but it would definitely eliminate DADT, which is what Obama promised during his 2008 campaign. I guess he forgot to mention that they would be reverting back to the way things were before DADT was implemented in 1993. But at least he kept one of his campaign promises.

You think they are going to repeal it without altering the other law?

Hope it's nice in your fantasy world.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
You think they are going to repeal it without altering the other law?

Hope it's nice in your fantasy world.
The House already did. Maybe you should actually read H.Amndt. 672 and get a clue before spouting off about something you clearly know nothing about.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The House already did. Maybe you should actually read H.Amndt. 672 and get a clue before spouting off about something you clearly know nothing about.

And when it passes through the Senate, and on to the President, you think they won't modify it?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
And when it passes through the Senate, and on to the President, you think they won't modify it?
The Senate certainly has the option to amend the bill further, if they bother to even read it. However, you need a remedial course in basic civics if you think Presidents can modify legislation.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
The Senate certainly has the option to amend the bill further, if they bother to even read it. However, you need a remedial course in basic civics if you think Presidents can modify legislation.

So you've come to the staggering conclusion that after putting in all the work to repeal it, they won't modify the existing law.

I love how you're going around proclaiming this like it's a foregone conclusion. It's pretty funny.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
So you've come to the staggering conclusion that after putting in all the work to repeal it, they won't modify the existing law.

I love how you're going around proclaiming this like it's a foregone conclusion. It's pretty funny.
If you had half a clue, you would know the House has already passed the bill. The Murphy Amendment to the bill repeals DADT, which of course modifies the existing law by removing that provision, as if it never existed.

I think it is pretty funny to be spouting off about something you clearly know nothing about. Why don't you actually read the Murphy Amendment and get a clue? Your posts may actually be quasi-intelligent then, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:04 PM

898 posts, read 1,402,647 times
Quote:
If you had half a clue, you would know the House has already passed the bill. The Murphy Amendment to the bill repeals DADT, which of course modifies the existing law by removing that provision, as if it never existed.
Irony is hilarious at times, isn't it? Gays are infuriated at the very policy that allowed them to serve in the first place.

It is very typical of liberal politics. Act first, think later. If DADT is repealed without repealing the military's gay ban, then the jokes on them.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:

I think it is pretty funny to be spouting off about something you clearly know nothing about. Why don't you actually read the Murphy Amendment and get a clue? Your posts may actually be quasi-intelligent then, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

So your position is that they will not modify that law when they repeal DA, DT? You don't think they've thought of that?

Let me ask, is it the absolute ridiculousness of your position that makes you engage in personal attacks on me, since you know how ridiculous it is and can't support it?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
Irony is hilarious at times, isn't it? Gays are infuriated at the very policy that allowed them to serve in the first place.

It is very typical of liberal politics. Act first, think later. If DADT is repealed without repealing the military's gay ban, then the jokes on them.
It is indeed. The Senate may still modify the bill of course, but as far as the House is concerned, it is already a done deal. Beginning sometime after December 1, 2010 DADT will be repealed and homosexuals will be banned from joining the military and discharged if already in the military. But they can't complain that Obama didn't keep his campaign promise. After all, he never said that he would replace DADT, just that he would repeal it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies