Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let's just call him President Poison.

He is toxic to his fellow democrats.

Just like Sarah Palin. Most of the real conservatives I know believe that she has to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Hmmm, so The President should feel slighted because some low-level local politicians did not accept his speech invitation? The out of work people of Pittsburgh should feel slighted by there elected officials for playing politics when they are starving for work.

Republicans would rather see America fail than see Obama succeed. So pathetic
I think it is kind of sad to see a bunch of low-level politicians acting like 9 year olds.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I think it is kind of sad to see a bunch of low-level politicians acting like 9 year olds.
9 year olds with stars in their eyes would love to have the president campaign for them. Adults apparently have greater concerns- namely, winning elections.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
The Associated Press: Sestak, Critz skip Obama event

Quote:
"For a party that is so seemingly proud of enacting their big-government agenda, congressional Democrats are conspicuously absent from the campaign trail," said Paul Lindsay, a spokesman for the House Republicans' campaigns. "If this is their way of listening to voters, November could be even more difficult than they bargained for."

Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:
Even dems are taking notice of Obama's devastating endorsements. Corzine, Specter, Deeds, Croakly, Lincoln etc. Obama is toxic. Even the one dem bright spot -- Critz holding onto Murtha's seat, was due to the fact he ran AGAINST Obama's policies. And the Sestak victory shows it is clear that it is the DEMS themselves turning their backs to Obama.

It's gotten to the point were you have guys like Rand Paul taunting Obama to come down to Kentucky and campaign against him. The wheels are off the Obama bus.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,135 times
Quote:
Oh now, this is hilarious. The POTUS comes to your city and all of a sudden everyone is busy with other plans.

He is toxic I tell you.

Elected officials say no thanks to Obama invite - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

And what a speech it was. Telling us exactly how to get the economy moving again.....from the man whose policies are creating fear, anxiety and anger.
sanrene !!! ... ... It is what it is !

I don't think anyone in their right mind could blame them for their "No Thanks" !!!!!!

The utter "Tom Foolery" of the current WH occupants is more than enough to cause any intelligent and loyal American politicians to distance themselves from any seeming affiliation with "The One" & Company !

Hats off to these few "Elected Officials" who are at least showing that they have "Some Smarts" afterall !

Come 2012 America may acheive some sort of chance to recover from the gross debacle that has brought this nation to the brink unprecedented failure and unbelievable embarrassment !

May we the American People never make such a horrendous mistake as we made in the last Presidential election !

I fear my friends that one more mistake such as this will indeed be this nations undoing ..... with no turning back !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Oh now, this is hilarious. The POTUS comes to your city and all of a sudden everyone is busy with other plans.

He is toxic I tell you.

Elected officials say no thanks to Obama invite - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

And what a speech it was. Telling us exactly how to get the economy moving again.....from the man whose policies are creating fear, anxiety and anger.

YouTube - Obama Snubbed In Saudi Arabia?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,135 times
Quote:
Who has stated that? I seriously doubt that Palin could win in NJ and besides, that is really just your opinion.

What polls have refuted the claim that everywhere obama has campaigned, that candidate has LOST.
sanrene !!! ... OK !

Careful now sanrene ..... you may receive that old "Clueless Card" responses from one of our CDF buddies !

I still believe they literally "Shake In Their Booties" when they hear that old "Foxey Lady" Palin's name being mentioned !

2012 is not far away at that ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Hmmm, so The President should feel slighted because some low-level local politicians did not accept his speech invitation? The out of work people of Pittsburgh should feel slighted by there elected officials for playing politics when they are starving for work.

Republicans would rather see America fail than see Obama succeed. So pathetic

And democrats would love to see America fail just so they can say they got their boy into the job he cannot do.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Who has stated that? I seriously doubt that Palin could win in NJ and besides, that is really just your opinion.

What polls have refuted the claim that everywhere obama has campaigned, that candidate has LOST.

You know darn well I was talking about the NJ polls that you have been shown several times that the election was NOT a mandate on Obama. The voter turnout in NJ was below 30%. Nothing no one could have done short of giving away a brand new car to each voter would have gotten them out to the poll to vote for Corzine.

So no dear its NOT my opinion, its NOT JUST MY opinion, but of other New Jersians. We know how much you hate the man, but again, stick with FACTS and stop trying to pass your OPINION off as facts

GOP wins key governor races but loses N.Y. congressional seat - CNN.com

"
In both Virginia and New Jersey, a plurality of voters cited the economy as their top concern, according to exit polls. Majorities in both states said Obama's job performance was not a factor in their vote."

At the time of the election, the President's approval rating was at 57% as indicated in this poll.
Why Christie Won in New Jersey - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Even your beloved Fox News don't agree with you.

FOXNews.com - Exit Poll: Independents Pick Christie in Decisive Victory

Election 2009: Virginia, New Jersey Exit Polls - From Obama to the Economy - ABC News

New Jersey governor race 2009 results: Republican Chris Christie beats Democrat Jon Corzine

CNN projects Republicans win governor races in Virginia, New Jersey - CNN.com

Election 2009: Va. and N.J. governor races, Va. attorney general race, NY-23, gay marriage in Maine, More - washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies