Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times

Advertisements

National (US) Poll * June 1, 2010 * More U.S. Voters Want Arizona- - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Nobody ever accused American voters of being intelligent.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times

Um, No. What this Quinnipac poll shows (which I like Quinn, b/c as you can see the sample size is more representative of a larger choice, however, this is flawed as well as you see the data & the headline) is that in PA, NY/NJ, CT, FL and OH (all heavily Republican states), is that those with no college degree, making under $50k and over 35 feel that immigration is a serious problem and that the AZ law is a move in the right direction, but ALSO want stricter enforcement.

They also talk about the BP spill as well, and how Obama is screwing that up, but that's another thread.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
I'm so in love with polls, I can hardly contain myself. More percentages thrown around than you can shake a stick at--but you have to slog your way down to the 13th paragraph of text before you find out how many people were questioned. 1,914 Americans. (Naturally, it wouldn't have been a nice round number like 1,900 or even 2,000. That would look fake!)

You can extrapolate data until you turn blue in the face, but you still can't prove that some figure like 60% of less than two thousand people indicates what the general public in a nation the size of the United States actually thinks.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 AM

634 posts, read 1,558,841 times
I have NO DOUBT that Americans sympathize with AZ. Illegal Immigration has gotten out of control and the states are going to be forced to take action especilly with the economy in the tank. We simply cannot afford to continue subsidizing illegal immigrant and their children in our schools, ER's and paying for accidents caused by illegals with no insurance ( which happened to me about 14 months ago). I have full coverage and my insurance paid it but my premiums went up because of "so many uninsured drivers". I am sick of this myself!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
True, just look at the election of 2008.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Come on now? i feel that only the ignorant of Americans would not want to see something done about our Illegal Problems, they do cause. They are a burden to our Economy. Not all, but so many commit brutal crimes rapes, and murder, heard about the other nite, of the illegal who brutally raped and killed a girl, forgot to see what Satate this was is in, darn it. We have enough problems in this Country without the added burden of many many Illegals already here, and those that will flock here from mexico. For those of you who think, illegals will not come to your State, think again, watched a show on cable the other nite, that said it is just a matter of time, before illegals flock to almost every State. Something has got to be done about this problem and now. Can Americans do this in Other Countries, can we demand certain rights, you know what would happen to us, if we decided to flock to other Countries, and expecting privlages would never happen, America is dense, but needs to wake up, it has been a sleep to long.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Um, No. What this Quinnipac poll shows (which I like Quinn, b/c as you can see the sample size is more representative of a larger choice, however, this is flawed as well as you see the data & the headline) is that in PA, NY/NJ, CT, FL and OH (all heavily Republican states), is that those with no college degree, making under $50k and over 35 feel that immigration is a serious problem and that the AZ law is a move in the right direction, but ALSO want stricter enforcement.

They also talk about the BP spill as well, and how Obama is screwing that up, but that's another thread.

What's your point? People who aren't college educated and aren't rich can't have have an opinion of immigration laws? That's not only stupid reasoning, it's un-American. Shame on you.

PA/NY/NJ/CT are heavily Republican states? Hmmmmm....me thinks someone is confused. Each of those states voted Democrat in the last 4 Presidential elections.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Yeah, they voted Obama in office

Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quinnipiac University Poll Shows Americans Want Arizona-style Law in Their States
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I have read, the Arizona law largely mimics Federal law and even a law on California's books. So, in a way, everyone already has such a law. The problem is it is not enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies