Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 09:11 AM

273 posts, read 654,832 times

Advertisements

There seem to be quite a few. One in particular is part of a large parts reseller with the name Pelican in it. I bring this up because they have an Off Topic area viewable by the public, and a Politics and Religion which is closed except for registered members. In view of the attitude demonstrated there (racial), I wonder if the Porsche marque is considered equivalent (loosely) to the perception of Corvette owners (which of course, in both cases, is a hasty generalization).

It's sad to see demagoguery reflect on a brand of car. Are there others examples of this that stand out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 09:21 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
See the thread on Why do people buy German cars when they are horribly overpriced, not reliable, and expensive to repair.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:37 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
See the thread on Why do people buy German cars when they are horribly overpriced, not reliable, and expensive to repair.
Original Post from that thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
The are threads everywhere on the internet about how BMW's are the ultimate driving machine, Mercedes Benz are well built, Audis are great cars followed by the horror stories of many electrical problems or the outrageous repair bills.

How are these great cars then?

If Chrysler, Ford or GM made a car that drives great and it is riddled with electrical bugs followed by huge repair bills, everyone would say their cars are crap and to be avoided, yet thats what German cars seem to be. Alot of people claim Cadillac's are junk because how all the fancy extras are expensive and start giving all sorts of troubles after 4-5 yrs to repair and the car isnt reliable, but it seems they are no different than a used german car after a while.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:11 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsrop View Post
In view of the attitude demonstrated there (racial), I wonder if the Porsche marque is considered equivalent (loosely) to the perception of Corvette owners (which of course, in both cases, is a hasty generalization).
You’re nonsensically comparing a premium brand (Porsche) to a specific model (Corvette) of an ‘average’ brand. That said, as with any (automotive) stereotype, there will certainly be those who ‘fit the mold’ - and those who do not. I’ve owned several Porsche 911’s; and as a racing enthusiast, (and one who appreciates high-performance sports cars), the love of its extreme (German) engineering goes (far) beyond a drive to work or a Starbucks, lol.

Old 03-08-2022, 02:08 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Porsches may be expensive to repair but I do not find them less reliable than American cars.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:08 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Would love a 914-6. In 80s a neighbor had one. It was his toy to take out on a weekend on winding country roads. However, those same roads today would damage that car. I drove those roads in my car and it was horrible with patchwork bumps and holes. Would have to drive to a track near New Orleans for a fun drive.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:14 PM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Explain this, #2…. Go back to rock you live under. This has been the results every year, not a one off.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...dability-study

Old 03-13-2022, 06:05 PM

10,289 posts, read 6,813,150 times
I've seen some noise in the BMW M5 forums.

I have NOT seen much noise on F-Chat.

(Yes, I'm a member of both.)

Old 03-17-2022, 07:40 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Explain this, #2…. Go back to rock you live under. This has been the results every year, not a one off.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...dability-study
I've owned 2 911's continuously from 2004-2021, & not had any issues out of routine maintenence issues....none!

I've owned 1 Mercedes GLK for 5 years, & it developed a rear wheel/axle leak that was going to cost $3k to fix, so I dumped it. My wife loved it, so I replaced it with a leased GLC.

Overall, I give Porsche 911 an A+ and Mercedes GLK a C-.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:55 PM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I've owned 2 911's continuously from 2004-2021, & not had any issues out of routine maintenence issues....none!

I've owned 1 Mercedes GLK for 5 years, & it developed a rear wheel/axle leak that was going to cost $3k to fix, so I dumped it. My wife loved it, so I replaced it with a leased GLC.

Overall, I give Porsche 911 an A+ and Mercedes GLK a C-.
Your wife doesn’t like the Macan? Did you see the Cayman/Boxster is going EV? Plus 911 is going hybrid…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche