Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 AM

11 posts, read 81,257 times

Advertisements

Anyone hear if Costco is coming to Port Saint Lucie, FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
I haven't heard one thing of Costco coming to PSL, but, maybe I am a bit "out of the loop" ?
I know that Target is going up, Wal-Mart already there, and Sam's is being build right now as we speak (located right next to Wal-Mart on Gatlin).
I have seen that huge building going up, but, had no clue WHAT store it would be, until I was told it was Sam's. Talking about a "monopoly" here....huh.
As for the original question.....not planned that I know of.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
Target is opening July 25th!! I can't wait. LOL.

But no, havent heard anything about Costco. They did have plans for a BJ's in St. Lucie West but that idea was scrapped a while ago.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:27 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,505,360 times
Within the city limits there are three Super Walmarts and two Sam's Clubs (one under construction), but no Costco. There is a BJ's next to Lowes in Jensen Beach, b ut no Costco. Since every other company which has opened in PSL has soon found that it is their number one store, or close to it, I'm amazed that Costco has not taken advantage of the situation.

There are also two Home Depots in the city limits of PSL and another in Fort Pierce, but no Lowes. Another missed opportunity.

My guess is that once Target has their new store opened, they will build another one in very short order -- less than two years -- once they discover the enormous market they have been leaving to Walmart.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:29 AM

11 posts, read 81,257 times
I heard Costco was coming to the Traditions area, of course competing against Sam's Club

Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 AM

573 posts, read 2,443,178 times
Where did you get this info from? The local paper? That would be great...I think their membership is even cheaper.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
Getting back to Target for a sec...

There's a very noticeable difference in the crowd at the Jensen Beach Target now that we have our own in PSL. I went there a couple of days ago and it was like a ghost town. Once the remodeling is done, Im sure it'll look nice.

Now are they becoming a SuperTarget?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
For too long Martin County took St. Lucie County business patronage for granted. I think that the drop off in traffic is natural now that PSL residents have more and more options. My mother loves the fact that she never has to leave West of the Turnpike anymore for just about anything she wants. Not having to travel to or on US-1 is considering it could take 20-30 mins or more in traffic!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,178 times
I don't believe the Jensen Target is becoming a SuperTarget. Last I heard they were just remodeling and putting in a Starbucks and spiffing the place up a bit ; (

Don't really know if that will get more people in there since the one in PSL opened and probably stole most of their SLC business.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:19 PM

12 posts, read 52,868 times
On my last trip down south to Cosco I asked if they had any intention of coming up to PSL area and was told no. But who knows I only hope PSLnubee is right and they do put one in Traditions. They are really superior to Sams or BJ's especially when it comes to meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach