Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 08:45 AM

71 posts, read 326,673 times

Advertisements

Right now my husband and I live in McDonough Ga. (a recommended city, very beautiful) We used to live in Fl. Im 33 years old and have lived in Fl since I was 10. We moved from Fl to Marietta (too busy there for us) untill I realised I was freezing my butt off in the winter, and couldnt afford the natural gas bills. But now, I am still a bit cold and want to move back to Fl. We lived in Port Saint Lucie for a long time but it got too crazy there with psl not planing on there high growth. IT got too busy and traffic is horrible now.I also lived in Lake Worth, Boca Raton, West Palm, Deerfield bch, etc etc..Anyway. That was south Fl.I want to move more north like around the Orlando area, but not Orlando. Does anybody know anything about Longwood Fl or Apopka Fl? Houses seem a bit pricey but what Fl home isnt anymore? It was just intresting that it is a small city and I like the small town feel and not being as busy. Any advise on witch zip code is better or what city is better or any info will help.By the way, Port Saint Lucie was alot nicer back 10 years ago. Now taxes are crazy and everyone wants to move out of there.West of the turnpike is best to me. The more east you go, the older the city seems and houses are older.Its just too crazy there. Everyone wanted to buy there a few years ago , now everyone wants out..Its pretty funny..Luckily we got out at the right time. Sold our house in 1 day and our last house within a week or so. Now houses are going down, and people have a hard time selling.Just adice for people wanting to move there...But I need help with Longwood or Apopka .. Please help....Thank you...

Old 09-16-2006, 03:55 PM

ANYONE..??

Old 09-16-2006, 04:44 PM

800 posts, read 3,089,579 times
I live in Longwood, PM me an questions! Welcome home!

Old 09-16-2006, 07:13 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,798 times
Default Consider Lake County

Have you considered Lake County? The Mount Dora/ Eustis area is about 15 minutes from Apopka. Houses don't cost anymore than houses in the Apopka area and many of the schools are "A" or "B" schools (based on FCAT). You definitely want to research the school district before buying if you have kids.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:21 AM

Thankfully we dont have kids and dont plan on haveing them. its just me and my husband and 3 yorkies and 1 cat.so being in a decent school district is not a big option but maybe always for resale..fl schools are horrible anyway from what everyone tells me..anyway, i will look into lake county anyway. homes in deltona seem better prices than in longwood or apopka. is there anywhare whare taxes are lower in any of these cities or around orlando area?

Old 09-17-2006, 08:44 PM

421 posts, read 469,437 times
Default Psl

We love it here is all i can say....rt1 is busy, so what?

Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 PM

44 posts, read 355,317 times
Default ...

Longwood and Apopka are not really considered to be "small towns". Longwood itself is only about 8-9 miles straight line distance to Orlando. So, you might want to consider more North and more West.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,089,875 times
Hello sir, what is your budget for a house? There are some decent houses for 150k in north Florida

Old 09-19-2006, 01:17 PM

Im Laura. Not a guy..lol.. Anyway, Whare in NORTH Fl?

Old 09-19-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
We love it here is all i can say....rt1 is busy, so what?
lol. im guessing you weren't in PSL years ago when it was very quiet and a great town to live in without all these builders trying to take away all the wild animal life? There are so many homes there now and so many people that its too busy. Plus the crime has gone up bigtime. Its not just US1 that is busy, its everywhare. About 10 years ago, you could get a home for 130, a really nice 3/2/2 , now for a crapy 3/2/2 would be over 225. Thats pretty sad.If you love it, im happy for you. We moved because the taxes in a 2 year spand gone up thousands of dollars and it got so busy there, plus, it took a half hour to go 3 miles on port saint lucie blvd, and dont get me started on port saint lucie west (the newer side of psl) its just crazy. I did love PSL , but when it was beautiful and the before millions of builders too away the wild animals homes. Its just a city that didnt plan for this kind of growth. Plus, people are DYING to get out of there. PSL home sales has done down and people just want to get rid of there homes because the want to get the hell out.. There are thousands of homes for sale there, take a look!! My brother lives there now and he cant wait to get out, his taxes went up 3 % just this year!!!. Its just crazy..Anyone who wants more info on PSL let me know. I lived there on and off for 10 years or so..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach