Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 05:50 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,951 times

Advertisements

Looking at houses from afar - New Orleans- it occurred to me that the only rule of Real Estate is location. Inasmuch as that reality has come to me I was wondering how to judge a neighborhood from a distance. There must be areas that are undesirable, some average and some better and some great. Granted the ratings are subjective but there are usually standards such as ambiance, safety from flooding, crime, junk cars in the driveway, unmaintained properties in the area to name a few. I can give great advice to anyone regarding areas in New Orleans but I have no idea of where the desirable areas to live or not to live are in Port St. Lucie and looking at houses for sale on the internet does not take the condition of the area into account. In other words I would assume areas further from the water to have more affordable home insurance rates but that may not mean much if the area is in decline.
So if the readers of this can give me an idea of the difference in the areas it would be appreciated, I am retiring and close access to schools does not mean much. Can someone cut up the area and give a 1to 5 rating with one being undesirable and 5 being the most desirable. There is little point to buy a house in a bad area when I can live in a better area. Ah, price points. I am looking to spend less than 150k and would rather spend less if possible. Am I asking for too much. My goal is to find the cheapest house in the best neighborhood.

Sid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM

89 posts, read 194,092 times
You should definitley check out the area known as "Tradition" West of I 95 between exits 118 an 120. (there is no exit 119)
Watch for condos and townhouses with "Chinese Drywal" (Google it)

Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Tradition, St. Lucie West, Torino, St. James, Club Med and Southbend areas are usually considered the "better" areas.

Tradition and St. Lucie West, as well as most of St. James will have an HOA that keeps things in check.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Sid... I live in Tradition - and from what you have been writing to me - our homes here are "too modern" and "too new" for what you like. So are the homes along the St Lucie West area.

The area close to the water will be the oldest - thats the way pretty much any coastal area is going to be built. They were here first.

The area east of US#1 is not as desirable (to some) as going further west---as has been noted by other posts.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 AM

3 posts, read 21,010 times
I was told that the HOA fees at the Tradition are $302 month. It has a few foreclosures less than $150K in pretty good condition, gated community and great shopping and location.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby53 View Post
I was told that the HOA fees at the Tradition are $305 month. It has a few foreclosures less than $150K in pretty good condition, gated community and great shopping and location.
I live in Tradition- Heritage Oaks to be exact - our hoas combined are $305. The homes that are on the market at this moment -one foreclosure at $119,900 which will go for less, the rest are short sales. The least expensive one is $99,900 at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach