Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 04:59 AM

22 posts, read 19,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skennedy25 View Post
I still say they made a bad mistake in not looking at the offer from Textor on the digital domain building. Could have gotten alot more back.
Didn't they sell it to a church? Won't see a perpetual return from selling it to a tax-exempt entity.

Those guys and gals at city hall are absolute genius at this whole economic development thing [/endsarcasmfont].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 09:40 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I just had a conversation with someone who's clients are coming in to start up Extra Supermarkets.

I looked them up since I've never heard of them, and they are from Canada.

I believe they also have stores called Loblaws

I don't have any other info but found that interesting news

Old 06-08-2016, 10:48 AM

88 posts, read 117,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I read that too Ruffy. Not sure I agree with the need for sidewalks. The ones being built now are rarely used, and definitely not worth the expense IMO. I would like PSL to concentrate their resources on repaving and expanding the last bit of PSL blvd toward Becker Rd.

Personally, I would be protesting outside the offices of Tradition if I lived there. The roads there are getting really bad.
The roads are already in the process of getting taken care of. They are taking care of any sidewalks and curbs that need fixing first and then are moving onto the roads

Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,481 times
Used to have Loblaws supermarkets in Buffalo when I was growing up, the closed up all the buffalo stores back in the late 70s

Old 06-09-2016, 03:42 PM

Newsletter from the City of PSL

Important Projects
Hydrant flushing around the City is scheduled to start June 5. Utility crews will begin a system-wide flush of the city's entire water distribution system. The flushing will occur between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., and it is anticipated to be completed by July 1.

The Tiffany Ave. Sidewalk Project has been completed. This will consist of an 8-ft. wide sidewalk on the north side of Tiffany Ave. from Lennard Rd., east to the School Board site.

Drainage improvements are in progress in section 25, between N.W. Bayshore Blvd. and N.W. Archer Ave. from N.W. Selvtiz Rd. east to N.W. Grenada St. The anticipated completion date is July.

Drainage improvements are continuing in section 44, in the vicinity of N.W. Zenith Dr., N.W. Aloha St. and N.W. Akbar Terr. The anticipated completion date is July.

U.S. 1 transit corridor bus shelters are being constructed at various locations along U.S. 1 in St. Lucie and Martin Counties. In all, there will be 15 bus shelters built. This project is being funded by a Joint Participation Agreement between the City of Port St. Lucie and Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).

Two of the Veterans Memorial Pkwy. pedestrian bridges will be demolished and replaced. The project entails replacing the existing wooden pedestrian bridges and installing painted steel truss bridges. Construction is anticipated to be completed in November.

The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will be replacing the bridge deck at Gatlin Blvd. and Midway Rd. The anticipated timeline will be from June 2016 to fall of 2017.

Impacts to I-95 - Both directions will be reduced from three to two lanes for about 1 mile at each of the overpasses.

Impacts to Gatlin Blvd. - Nighttime lane closures will occur between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times.

Impact to Midway Rd. - When work is occurring, daytime and nighttime lane closures will occur - two-way traffic will be maintained at all times.

Sidewalks currently under design are:
Del Rio Blvd. sidewalk (from Mackenzie St. to California Blvd.)
Del Rio Blvd. sidewalk (from California Blvd. to Port St. Lucie Blvd.)
Cameo Blvd. sidewalk (from Port St. Lucie Blvd. to Crosstown Pkwy.) - Anticipated started date is July
Rosser Blvd. sidewalk (from S.W. Apricot Rd. to 600 ft. south of S.W. Delos Ave.)
Cashmere Blvd. sidewalk (Charter School to Westgate K-8 School) - Construction has started on this sidewalk. This project will add approximately 1 mile of a 6-ft. wide concrete sidewalk on the east side of Cashmere Blvd. between the two schools. Completion of this sidewalk project is projected to be at the end of summer.

More notables ****** YEA!
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) has released their annual Uniform Crime Report (UCR). This report gathers all crime statistics from across the state from January to December 2015. According to the UCR, the City of Port St. Lucie continues to have the lowest crime rate in Florida for cities with a population over 100,000 and our Police Department reduced crime by an additional 5.1%.

COSTCO.....please read and help!

While Costco has been struggling to gain support for opening a location in Palm City, many Port St. Lucie residents (including myself,) would welcome Costco in our city with open arms. The Mayor has written a letter on behalf of our City asking Costco to consider Port St. Lucie, but we need your help. Let's work together to get our message across that Port St. Lucie has customers that would welcome them. If you would like to help recruit Costco, please email Costco's Senior Vice President for the South East Region, Yoram Rubanenko, at yrubanenko@costco.com, or Costco's Director of Development, Heidi Macomber, at hmacomb@costco.com. Please also copy your email to District3@cityofpsl.com. We are keeping a list of the emails and would like to get to 1,000 to show mass support.

St. Lucie County will be adding a referendum on November's ballot for residents to vote on a 1/2 cent sales tax. If approved, the 1/2 cent sales tax increase would aid infrastructure, such as water quality, public safety, sidewalk and road projects throughout St. Lucie County. Click here for a list of improvement projects in Port St. Lucie which will benefit from the 1/2 cent sales tax increase.

Did you know?
The City of Port St. Lucie offers summer camps for children ages 3 to 5, 6 to 11 and 12 to 14. The summer camps are hosted by the Parks and Recreation Department, and last through August. Click here for a full listing of summer programs and details.

Starting June 6, St. Lucie County's 3 public pools will have additional hours of operation. One of the public pools is located in Port St. Lucie at 400 Ravenswood Ln. Click here for hours and admission fees.

Upcoming Events
Freedomfest at the Civic Center on U.S. 1 on Monday, July 4 at 2 p.m. We will be celebrating the birth of the nation with live bands, food and refreshments, games and activities, arts and crafts and much more. Make sure to stick around for the firework display at 9 p.m.,weather permitting.

New Businesses in Port St. Lucie
Loco Joe's Foodshack, located at 2849 S.W. Port St. Lucie Blvd., is under construction and anticipated to open in July.

Construction is nearing completion on Panera Bread in Tradition on the corner of Meeting St. and Village Pkwy.! The restaurant is expected to open mid-July. Further updates will be provided once available.

Cheddar's in St. Lucie West has started construction. More information will be provided as progress continues.

As more businesses come to us or open, I will be sure to share them with all of you.

Thank you for taking time to read my newsletter

Old 06-14-2016, 02:13 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,615 times
LARGE PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYER REMAINS- 800+ jobs saved in the City of Port St. Lucie

PORT ST. LUCIE, FL (June 14, 2016) – The City of Port St. Lucie was able to successfully sell, the property located at 10400 South U.S. Highway One, at a substantial profit of net proceeds equaling over $1.6 million, while agreeing to voluntarily dismiss the lawsuit against Marketplace Port St. Lucie Limited Partnership, et al. The City facilitated discussions and negotiations to resolve legal disputes and successfully closed on the property, June 13, 2016.

The City initially acquired the 10400 Property to meet the immediate and growing needs of the Utility and Public Works Departments in August of 2015. However, shortly after the City closed on its purchase of the 10400 Property, the Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County received a letter in which an interest in purchasing the subject property from the City was expressed.

Teleperformance a worldwide leader in outsourced Omni channel customer experience management and one of the largest private sector employers in the City of Port St. Lucie outgrew its current location at 580 NW University Boulevard and needed a larger space as it sought to hire 300+ employees. The City’s 10400 Property was identified as an ideal location for the growing needs of Teleperformance so that it can remain in Port St. Lucie.

“The City of Port St. Lucie and the EDC played a prominent role in retaining a significant business, which currently employs over 800 people, has plans for expansion, and serves as a critical economic driver for the community” said Peter Tesch, President of the St. Lucie Economic Development Council. “The City Manager’s office and Council really saw the wisdom in putting this back on the tax roll.”

“The relocation of Teleperformance is not only an example of a successful public private partnership that benefits the City, impacts the community, but serves as a catalyst for revitalization to the U.S. Highway One corridor within the Community Redevelopment Area” said Daniel Holbrook, Assistant City Manager.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:03 AM

NOW YOU CAN TEXT TO 911 EMERGENCY IN ST LUCIE COUNTY

St. Lucie County’s 911 call center, which handles all emergency calls for law enforcement and fire rescue services within the county, now accepts text messages to 911.

Cellphone users texting 911 should be prepared to answer two important questions when texting 911: (1) What is the address or location of the emergency? (2) What is the emergency or problem?

“While a voice call to 911 is always preferred, in certain circumstances a text to 911 may be safer or more practical specifically for persons with hearing or speech limitations,” said St. Lucie County Public Safety Director Ron Parrish.
Voice calls to 911 are usually the most efficient way to reach emergency help.

For example, voice calls allow the 911 operator to more quickly ask questions and obtain information from the caller, while two-way communication by text can take more time and is subject to limits on the length of text messages. In addition, when you make a voice call to 911, the call taker will typically receive your phone number and the approximate location of your phone automatically.

Text information may not be as reliable as it would be with a phone call to 911. The coverage area of a wireless provider may impede messaging.

When making a text to 911 call, remember to be brief and concise, text in plain words and avoid using abbreviations. Photos and videos cannot be sent to 911. Residents are reminded to never text and drive.

St. Lucie County’s Public Safety Department 911 call center handles 488,000 calls for service annually for the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, St. Lucie County Fire-Rescue, Fort Pierce Police, Port St. Lucie Police and animal control.
If you have any questions, contact St. Lucie County Public Safety Department Director Ron Parrish at 772-462-8110.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 AM

71 posts, read 95,593 times
So I saw a sign at the new building on St Lucie Blvd, opposite the McDonalds at Darwin that says its Cumberland Farms which we all knew.
The silt barrier has also gone up around where the Aldi will be at Gatlin/Brighton.

There's a pretty big new building on the right, just past the Thirsty Turtle as you head East on PSL blvd which looks close to completion but I've no idea what it is.

Anything else happening of interest?

Old 06-16-2016, 05:39 PM

6 posts, read 8,169 times
Two lots have been cleared near the Walmart in St.Lucie West. One next to the car wash, and the other right off of the round about. Havent been able to figure out whats going up on them.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:45 PM

Been watching that myself.. no sign yet ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach