Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times

Advertisements

I'm amazed that Publix can have a shopping center on almost every corner of PSL, but you have to go to Stuart to shop at a Fresh Market. I think it would do very well in St Lucie West! Why won't they build one??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 PM

361 posts, read 750,265 times
Just moved to the area near St Lucie West and I second this!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM

8,073 posts, read 4,747,652 times
Fresh Market tends not to follow that whole "build one on every corner" type of strategy. They tend to build one in a central location and then have people from a wide radius come there to shop.
The store is more specialized/unique in its products than a place like Publix, so I can't picture the "saturation" strategy working as well for them.

When I lived in Savannah, we had one there and one in Hilton Head, and a lot of people were surprised two were so close together (45-50 minutes!). I think the Stuart store and the Vero Beach stores are also about 45 minutes apart, and the store in Wellington might be just a bit further away.
They are also trying a bit harder to move into the northeast and midwest (even starting to develop in California), so they might be de-emphasizing building additional stores in south Florida. I do know that their highest-grossing stores are just south of us (Aventura, Coconut Grove, Fort Lauderdale, etc.), so they aren't about to ignore us totally.

They are great stores with a nice balance of products (healthy/gourmet, but without the militant organic smugness of other stores in this category) but I think the effect would be lost if there were one in every town a la Publix.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 AM

I agree Daniel- there is no need for them to be everywhere. I just think they could use one in an affluent area like St Lucie West/PGA. People with money will spend it in a store such as Fresh Market vs. a Publix though if one was conveniently located!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,647 times
Publix has the worst produce of any kind. We are going to try Bravo on the corner of PSL and Gatlin very soon. If you have tried it already, let us know.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:43 PM

pslhomie, I never go to any grocery store for produce. There are too many farmer's markets available!! Got to Nelson's up in Ft Pierce on Midway Rd, go on Sat. downtown Ft Pierce, downtown Stuart on Sunday, or there is a stand on Indian River Dr in Jensen Beach- just to name a few offhand. Produce is so much better and cheaper too!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM

403 posts, read 1,080,225 times
I'd love a Costco. Also, a Best Buy on the west side of PSL.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:26 PM

What do you buy at Best Buy that you need another store in PSL? If I was to buy any electronics, I would think Brandsmart would be the desired store. I can understand your preference for a Costco, but with a BJ's and 2 Sam's clubs, the market is pretty covered as it is.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 PM

448 posts, read 1,471,385 times
Fresh Market is not as "Fresh" as you think. And not as healthy as you would like it to be. A lot of their premade foods come out of a container. Their produce is highly expensive.Their are many mini markets that has better produce and they are local. When it comes to their meat market, my husband and I go to Hale Groves in Vero. They have their own personal butcher. Seafood is Crabby Bills in Sebastian. Always fresh at both places.
Please, I'm not trying down anyones opinion. I think Fresh Mkts coffee is awesome. But what you are paying for is the ambience.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:37 PM

448 posts, read 1,471,385 times
Oh, and by the way...I would love to have a Costco nearby. I miss shopping there. What a great store. I wish we had a World Market and a Trader Joe's Okay, I'll stop. But they are all such great markets. I really miss Trader Joe's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach