Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM

361 posts, read 750,055 times

Advertisements

The service I have received from PSL Utilities is out of this world. I moved here from Miami and you would not receive even CLOSE to the service that these people provide. They are all extremely friendly, prompt, and efficient. I wish I could rate their service somewhere because they are that good.

My experience:

Experience 1:

When we first bought the house we came here every weekend until we moved to get things how we wanted them before move-in. The toilet was working on the first weekend we came but the following weekend it was not working. I was very worried. Generally with an issue like this you would probably have to call a plumber or something if you lived in Miami. The last thing I wanted to think about after just buying a new house was paying a plumber. My girlfriend insisted that I try to call the city utilities. I was extremely hesitant but I figured why not. I call them up a woman answers and the conversation goes as follows:

<City> : "City utilities?"
<Me> : "My toilets aren't flushing"
<City> : "What's your address?"
<Me> : <address> (st lucie west area / california blvd)
<City> : "OK sir we are sending somebody over"

The gentleman arrived within 1 hour of the call. He went and opened the sewer cap they have on the property and basically told us since the house was dormant for so long the pump was having issues. He was deciding on whether to put a new one or not (I'm not certain what the outcome was) but anyway he fixed up the issue without any hesitation told me everything was working and left. Outstanding.

Experience: 2

Today the box on the side of my house began beeping/flashing. I called city utilities and again they told me they were sending someone over. This time the tech arrived in under 3 hours. (I called right before lunch so I am assuming that had something to do with it longer than the previous time)

The gentleman arrived and I went out to ask him if he knew what the issue was. He said that the box had a bad circuit board. He went to work and fixed it and rang my bell to let me know that he had replaced the circuit board and everything should be good to go.

The courtesy and professionalism behind PSL Utilities is amazing. I am in disbelief over the service I have received. All of the techs have been extremely friendly and very explanatory.

PSL Utilities: You guys are all stars! Keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM

23 posts, read 49,637 times
I agree with your sentiments!! Have had 3 great experiences with PSL Water and they were equally as good as yours.
1. Had to call to set up an account long distance by phone after we bought our house. Fast, efficient, friendly!!!
2. Had to have a service call to lower the water box that houses the main & meter on the front lawn because it raised out of the ground. Fast, efficient, friendly!!
3. My water bill went up substantially over 2-3 months so I called to see if there had been a rate increase or perhaps the repair to the box on the front lawn was leaking. Sent a serviceman to check the repair - was not leaking and he even showed my husband how to determine if you have a leak in your house from that box. Well, long story short, after PSL supplied my with 2 free toilet test kits - found a slow leak in one. My husband replaced an inexpensive part and we were good. Fast, efficient, friendly service - AND DID I MENTION FREE????
Kudos to PSL Water.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:51 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Wow- I feel bad for y'all that this service seems above and beyond to you. I'm happy with my service, but not impressed. I am very disappointed that I had to pay a fee to have my water/sewer turned on regardless of my credit. I can understand paying a deposit if I had bad credit, but $150 or whatever seems like a crazy deposit to pay. I've never paid a deposit before I moved here!

Glad y'all are happy. I'm not upset, but I certainly have seen better.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM

361 posts, read 750,055 times
Yeah, Miami is pretty bad overall. I'm not going to go into too many details because I could go on and on about how bad it is. One thing I can say is that everything and everybody in Port St. Lucie has had my mind blown. Sure, it's not perfect but that's not what we expected. Being completely honest Port St. Lucie is 10 times better for me all around. This may sound stupid/weird but even when I've had to eat fast food here the service is completely different.

I have lived here for almost 2 months and at least once a week I have a very pleasant experience that leaves me wondering: "Wow, did that just happen". Things like that really make my day.

Things may not be perfect here but believe me when I tell you in other places it is completely different in a bad way. It's really made me appreciate this place for what it is.

Anyway, keep up the good work residents of PSL. Keep up the (hellos/how are you's) and smiles. (Even if they may not be genuine)

Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Moved here in Oct 2011 . I also was kinda surprised about 150.00 fee to turn the water on ( deposit ) perfect credit , never late but hey I understand ...they have mis read my meter the last three months. One month they read 3,000 gallons next month 2,000 gallons and then 14,000 gallons... Made a bunch of calls to get the meter re read .... They asked if I wanted to be present when they read the meter, I said yes I do..they were supposed to call me so I would be there ... Never called just read my meter and left a tag on the door ...... The billing has been a hassle so I'm not impressed either ....

Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM

23 posts, read 49,637 times
Thumbs up Port Saint Lucie

Hey PortSaintLucieWater - I'm in your corner 100%! Every time I go to Publix I get at least 4-5 inquiries if I found everything or if I need help. That just doesn't happen in New York (where we are from). Every place we go the people couldn't be nicer - except for one exception so far - WALGREEN'S PHARMACY!!! Not very pleased there at all. As a matter of fact - can someone recommend a privately owned pharmacy where things get done properly and on time. Won't bore you with the details but the last 2 encounters have been wrong and horrible!! I had to have the store manager get involved to get my prescriptions filled properly. That's sad and unacceptable!! Other than Walgreens, PSL ROCKS!!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
St Lucie Pharmacy on Tiffany Ave near the St Lucie Medical Center appears to be the kind your looking for, never been there but they are a small independent type

Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 PM

34 posts, read 53,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGrammy View Post
Hey PortSaintLucieWater - I'm in your corner 100%! Every time I go to Publix I get at least 4-5 inquiries if I found everything or if I need help. That just doesn't happen in New York (where we are from). Every place we go the people couldn't be nicer - except for one exception so far - WALGREEN'S PHARMACY!!! Not very pleased there at all. As a matter of fact - can someone recommend a privately owned pharmacy where things get done properly and on time. Won't bore you with the details but the last 2 encounters have been wrong and horrible!! I had to have the store manager get involved to get my prescriptions filled properly. That's sad and unacceptable!! Other than Walgreens, PSL ROCKS!!!!!

Anywhere other than CVS/Walgreens for prescriptions. Personally I like publix.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:42 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Yes, I agree- Publix is awesome with their customer service. Horrible bagging skills, but very nice. If you can't have a Wegman's, this place (and Fresh Market) fill the void. Their pharmacy is very good too.

I was very pleased with the decent people in my neighborhood. Leaving NC, I knew it would be an adjustment and you would lose some of that charm. When I drove down the road, everyone who drove past you waved. They would stop and talk to you. Not here...but only with my generation. I am 34, and the people my age have no common courtesy here. Don't get me started with the driving (or lack of) skills. I feel like I need NASCAR certification whenever I go down PSL blvd or US1.

It's a very nice area with lots of things to do. Plus the beach living is the greatest! I am so glad we decided to move here and love the many things my family have been able to do!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 PM

193 posts, read 405,279 times
Has anyone had any experience with the pharmacy at Walmart, Sam's Club or Target?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach