Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,576,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There is only one Gail that knows anything specific about me. So, have your Gail email me directly unless she doesn't really exist.
I am not playing this stupid cat and mouse game with with you any longer.
Im Done.
I have asked that Gail to email you directly. I received her email updating your condition either in late February or early March. I didn't keep the email so I don't know exact date and time. I was busy so I all remember is that you went to some type of facility after discharged from hospital. And I was very happy for you that you would not be alone anymore. I assumed that the hospital found a facility for you. Because this is what the hospital usually does. When they discharge a patient, based on patient's condition, they recommend a facility and help in transfer. Apparently, this is not the case for you. I shouldn't make that assumption. I apologize.

In the case of the Gail who sent me the email, if her identity can't be verified, I have asked the donation I made to a fund set up in your name by her to be returned.

I don't work with public and would like my privacy. You are free to share your experience and opinion here. I will share mine. I welcome all the correction.

When Lawnwood trauma units were being built, I know their director was staying in a RV on site and didn't go home for a long time. I know his wife took their kid to visit him during the weekend. When the trauma hawk took off for the first time at Tearsure Coast, so many doctors, nurses, and locals were there to cheer. I was happy to see their effort didn't waste and they have saved so many life in the face of rising medical cost and reduced reimbursement. However, they didn't do enough for you. I am sorry for that.

Last edited by LingLing; 03-13-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,647 times
You can see how people take advantage of situations to comitt fraud. This is why I did not donate. Not that I am saying the site was a scam becuase I am 99% sure it was not but you have to understand that it is not uncommon for people to piggyback scam situations like yours. It happens everytime there is a major disaster like Hurricane Sandy and I believe people scan these sites looking for situations to exploit.

Everyone cares about your recovery. No one wants to see you not taken care of. Many of us have never met you in person but we do share a community. We are online neighbors and sometimes we don't get along but we do care.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
The site was started by my Broker at Keller Williams. It's not a fraud by any stretch. I expect medical bills will be well over $300,000, ....as a guess. I'm waiting to see the bills.

The "gail" person that was mentioned never appeared.

The good news for me is that i plan on going home on Tuesday evening.
It's been over two months away from home and i am more than ready to sleep in my own bed and see my furkids. I will have therapy to go through and still have to wear the monster boot, but ....I can't wait!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Good luck on your recovery. Get well soon.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
ok...update ..kinda..

I sent the Dr. at Shands all the medical information on the multitude of tests that were done in March here at St Lucie Medical. Basically to see if I really needed to go on a 3-4 hour drive back up there. Dr. Martin looked them all over and said ok for seeing someone down here.

Now, Dr. Downing, who sent me to Shands for the surgery, said I could NOT see him until Shands said ok and then I was only to see Dr. R here at Lawnwood.

So I had an appt to see Dr. R on Friday. Got there, waited, full room, nurse took me in and did a list of the meds I was taking, and an electrocardiogram, etc. Back to wait. In to see Dr. R. I said " we meet again" since we saw each other on the 2 other times I was back in Lawnwood. Said my electrocardiogram was fine, asked me about my salt intake (I dont use any salt), and how I felt. Told him what my concerns etc.

THEN....he said, he would NOT be my follow up Doctor. He would NOT recommend another Cardiac Dr., he would NOT take self pay, or Medicaid (which I dont have yet) or even the grant money payment I am getting from Keller Williams Realty. Apparently nothing but INSURANCE works with him. He suggested I get in touch with my regular Dr. and then left the room. My girlfriend and I just looked at each other in total shock since she asked him a number of the questions for me. Talk about being blown off!

Apparently if I dont have insurance.. I don't count.

Anyone know a good heart doctor in the area that would take me without insurance?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
sad that some doctors are like this and most of the good ones won't look at you with no insurance. i wonder how bad or good it will be when this affordable care act(obamacare) takes place. hope the best for you. make a complaint to the BBB or someone about his rotten demeanor.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times
Wow- how sad Barbara. What a mess...

My wife said she was shocked by the difference in medical practices here vs. NC. Many of them care only about getting paid here. The care after surgeries in NC is so much better there. I hate that you are having to go through this and I will ask her to talk to the people she knows at Martin for you.

I'll let you know this week what I find out. Keep your chin up!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:45 AM

Sad, very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach