Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:19 PM

95 posts, read 155,005 times

Advertisements

Whether you want to believe it or not, it is the PRICE.

That's how consumers make buying decisions. You can fight the basic laws of micro-economics all you want if you don't care about selling your house. Otherwise, if it has been sitting for months, it is priced too high. In these days of everyone being able to shop for houses on line, it's not just a "marketing" issue with your realtor. Everyone sees everything that's out there.

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,725 times
So I should give my house away. Nice advice. Think I will pass though but thanks anyway

Old 05-01-2014, 05:51 AM

910 posts, read 2,217,763 times
If it isn't the price, how about the location ? I hope you are not too near the train tracks, with that proposed high-speed Miami-Orlando service coming in a couple years. THAT would have an impact on a sale. What reason (or excuse) is your Realtor giving you for the lack of interest ? Especially the no-show during the open house ?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:17 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
Or a location near the proposed housing of rehab patients ?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 AM

459 posts, read 619,333 times
OK, so what are your thoughts about why it is not getting viewings ?
You are getting all offended at comments here but not really giving us the info.
Buying and selling property is stressful but you need to be more receptive of questions and suggestions when asking for help.
I have been told again the market is hot in PSL and my own investigations back this up.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM

I am not getting offended. It's just not the price. I don't know how many times I have to say it. The neighborhood is one of the better ones in PSL. No trash houses on my street. In fact 5 of my neighbors just painted their houses. I don't want to get into advertising my place here because it is against the rules. My question actually was what was selling and what was not selling. I gave my house as an example. My guess was that it is the fact that there are still a lot of short sales and foreclosures and the lure of newer homes being built. What is hot in PSL is the question. What is not. Generalized statements are not helpful. You don't even know the price of my house or where it is located.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM

910 posts, read 2,217,763 times
Well, because we don't know the price of your house or where it is located, how can you expect anything but generalized statements ?

Old 05-01-2014, 04:13 PM

194 posts, read 427,598 times
Sales and market values have been and remain overall flat for months while the inventory of homes for sale is creeping up. Institutional buyers and local cash buying investors have left the market due to higher pricing. I believe right now we are seeing resistance to the higher pricing. As to short sales and REO properties, they are nothing to fear as they are not being given away for nothing, in fact to me most new REO's listing being put on the market are in overpriced territory.
You have given the age and I think you said in the past you are east of Tradition. If you want to put out you square footage, bedroom and bathroom count and if you have a pool I think you can get some information that may help you in determining what is going on.
In the end I think it will be pricing and the fact that you have a lot of competition in selling your home.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:29 PM

I believe I got my answer and it has nothing to do with price or location. Again not the original question so it is pointless to argue this. Let's just take my house out of it.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:24 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
I know this won't help much, but sometimes it's just the house. When I sold my house at the Jersey Shore my neighbors told me I'd be sitting on it for years. When I bought it, it was just a frumpy box that looked like all the others from the era it was built. I actually tore perfectly good vinyl siding off it and replaced it with cedar. I won't go into everything, but when I finished, it looked like an "old" jersey shore house and was different from the rest of the houses in the area. I had neighbors who had bigger nicer houses who have since lowered their prices well below what mine sold for. Some were still for sale after a year. I sold in 3 weeks. Sometimes nice homes just get lost in the shuffle. In a buyers market, it's usually uniqueness or price that sells a home. Believe it or not, I picked the home I purchased here because it was completely white inside. I mean everything. I had seen dozens of beautiful well decorated places, but for some reason, this one caught my attention. I think the agent was as surprised as the owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach