Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:13 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFlo View Post
Ok thanks. I am sure hurricane window will help as well.
Oh yeah. I stayed in a new house with hurricane windows last year for the hurricane and heard absolutely NOTHING LOL.

Even outside you get used to it. Just like the planes flying over the airport/path in central Vero Beach and it's surrounding neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 06:16 PM

21 posts, read 42,195 times
I just replied to PhotoFlo privately.. haven't been on here in a while..

We closed on a home in the Lakes at Waterway in April.. We are part timers... from the midwest- chicago!(rare for this part of fla!) Just like back in my parents day.. it seems as though most of the midwest snowbirds go to the west coast of FL.. and the east side is primarily people from the eastern seaboard! .. I have close family in Indialantic.. and thats where we were originally looking.. but then found this community that seemed perfect for us.. so we are breaking tradition!!

So far LOVE the Lakes at Waterway Village.. and love our home.. the Summerwood!

The building process went smooth.. home was done when they said it would be done! Only minor complaint is the upgrade costs.. which in some cases were crazy ( ie; a tile you can get all day long for 3$psf.. they are charging $10psf.).. but guess that is where all the profit is... choose wisely!!! and do what you can on your own!

We were not familiar with the area AT ALL!! but the location is PERFECT!!! Close to the beach and beach side.. less than 2 miles to the newer publix.. and 3-4 miles to the mall and every other store.. target, pier one, bbb, home depot , homegoods.. etc

I did find most of the national retail stores are a bit smaller than where I shop up north in a larger marketplace.. but no biggie!

While this is not an age restricted community.. from everyone I have met.. it is an older crowd living there.. all of our neighbors are 50+.

I would highly recommend Lakes at Waterway!!!

l

Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM

162 posts, read 311,014 times
Thank you Marcia!

You are the second person to tell me that the stores are smaller, however they are much LARGER than what we have in Port St. Lucie near Tradition. I am already happy with that!

We are looking forward to building a home there, thanks!

Old 02-08-2018, 07:14 PM

12 posts, read 20,050 times
"runswithscissors" I love your knowledge of the area and your thoughtful posts. I am taking a job at the county jail and will be coming down on Monday to look around for a place to rent. I just sold my house in Port Orange and would like to rent for six months or so until I find a place I want to buy. I love what I have heard about Vero Beach and sounds perfect for me (I am 52 and want peace and quiet). I love living around the intercoastal area with quick access to the beach. The only other requirement is a relatively safe area.
As far as rent, I don't need much, preferably less than $1300 but I have two small dogs and don't want an apartment. As far as to buy $200,000 to $275,000. Are these two requests possible around the intercoastal with good access to the beach? Any area you would not recommend?
Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge.

Last edited by mybabyshai32224; 02-08-2018 at 07:33 PM..

Old 02-13-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyshai32224 View Post
"runswithscissors" I love your knowledge of the area and your thoughtful posts. I am taking a job at the county jail and will be coming down on Monday to look around for a place to rent. I just sold my house in Port Orange and would like to rent for six months or so until I find a place I want to buy. I love what I have heard about Vero Beach and sounds perfect for me (I am 52 and want peace and quiet). I love living around the intercoastal area with quick access to the beach. The only other requirement is a relatively safe area.
As far as rent, I don't need much, preferably less than $1300 but I have two small dogs and don't want an apartment. As far as to buy $200,000 to $275,000. Are these two requests possible around the intercoastal with good access to the beach? Any area you would not recommend?
Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge.
I lived in JAX, you may know. LOVED it, too. At the Strand - Southbank. REally nice people there.

YES, all do-able. $1300 won't be a fancy big house. Sounds like condo range to me but I haven't checked lately. You MAY have to go the apartment route.

Google FAIRWAYS COURT. We aren't permitted to post listings here.

A condo in Grand Harbor. RIGHT ON Indian River Blvd, 3 minutes from the bridge to the beach. And 5 minutes south of work. A great community and walking/biking distance to "shopping". I see one listing. 1300. You can use my favorite vet Dr. Kirby a couple blocks away!

Also at Laguna right there, too. 1610 N 42nd Cir $1150. Also really pretty. Nice grounds, pool, etc.

I just saw this. I replied to you on another post about the interracial thing. http://www.city-data.com/forum/port-...l#post50969201

I LOVE the sheriff! He's fantastic. I have personal experience from when I got a bogus ticket for seat belts LOL.

You can hear him and other members of the sheriff staff on our community events radio station all the time at 8 AM and 5PM! So FUN! WTTB AM 1490. Our sheriff's group is VERY active in the community and nice. I just got some LOSER one time trying to make his quota ticket me over at Grand Harbor on Click It or Ticket week ha ha. Not sure they have a literal quota but the state was pushing for alot of tickets in the media so perhaps he was trying to win a brown nose prize LOL.

"Shop With a Cop" is so cute at Christmas.

You can buy a house in your range for that right up the street from work in Lindsay Lanes or a block further up at 66th in Ashley Lakes North and A LOT of other subdivisions around there.

That's Gifford, like work. But not a problem because Gifford only has a couple of 'bad" streets.

And YES, totally down by the Intracoastal, too.

Waterway is a good choice, though.

They have a really cute attached villa model, too. It MIGHT be the HOA where you can fit a small pool in there out in the lanai, I forget. One of them has that.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but you can DM me if you want!

Exciting!

If I get anything on my ~radar I'll post back.

ETA: DARN now you have me househunting.

There's a rental RIGHT AT THE BEACH for 1300. But that's a commute for work. 5400 highway AIA

Unique townhouse at 575 N Tropic Ln. 1200. They are only 2-4 units per building and they have a little fenced courtyard for each house. I worked there once. Miracle Mile, a great location. About 20 minutes to not be late for work, again. But SHOPPING walking distance and bridge, like, ONE MINUTE away LOL.

Single house 525 23rd ave PET FRIENDLY. $1200 Near my house LOL. OKAY neighborhood. but it'll take you 20 minutes to not be late to work. FURNISHED. Looks nice they have a nice yard and screened porch in the back perfect for the dogs to lounge.

Single house 6225 5th St, pets ok. not sure about that neighborhood off hand but I think it's fine. Up near 66th which would be an OKAY commute to work because 66th is dead. But pretty far south. About 15 min to the bridges to the beach. I can drive that way later today LOL. Maybe the kind of neighborhood with alot of people laid back with boats and stuff.

The Reserve at Vero Beach is right at the busy mall but brand new. But you'd smell Chik Fil A all the time, not kidding! - apartment complex. Close to work, though.

Walker Woods is the closest good complex near work. I wouldn't do any complexes in Gifford. Except Pinnacle Grove. VERY convenient down on Indian River Blvd, very close to work and the beach. Very inter-racial, too, I have AA friends who live there. BUT IT MIGHT BE INCOME RESTRICTED.

You can get a lot of input from your work! So lucky!

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-13-2018 at 01:20 PM..

Old 02-13-2018, 12:54 PM

I'm stopping now LOL. ^^^ Enough to get you started!

Well....

VERY affordable single house $950. You'd have to see it and the neighborhood but the area is fine. 1515 41st Ave You would ZIP up 43rd and be at work, quickly.

$1000. I NEVER heard of this place/street but perfect location. 4360 Doubles Alley Dr Looks nice w the screened patio, hedge and first floor even if it IS a condo. Listing lacking info.

WALKING DISTANCE to the bridge. 835 18th St Villamar condos. $925. WHOOPS it's 55+ and I've been omitting them. Is your DH 55? that changes everything.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-13-2018 at 01:40 PM..

Old 02-13-2018, 01:06 PM

Tell Sheriff Loar I always want to know who lives in that BIG house across from the jail?

I always think "Boss Hog" lives there when I drive by!

BTW, if you're the type for community involvement, you couldn't find a better job. And in Gifford. The Community center and the people who run it are amazing people and the activities, and success of the Gifford Youth Achievement Center is ...well, poignant for lack of a better term.

It's a very historic area.

They are always begging for mentors of every type in the community if your husband is interested. From all walks of life. They have jobs initiatives and stuff, too. Helping people figure out how to be successful in all of that. And you can be any race

Sorry...I see I said all that upthread LOL.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-13-2018 at 01:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach