Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,399 times

Advertisements

Ling Ling---I want my daughter and her family--two boys--to move to your area----she also is a great sharp shooter---in fact she teaches sharp shooting---I just want them safe and the boys in good schools---her hubby will be home on weekends---he will work in N. Miami---guess she needs a great reality company also--in the area where you live---should she ask for Tradition area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,377 times
afternoon all, how is psl nowadays,use to live in hollywood fl,, moving back to fl but not hwd,, psl is looking good,, anyone care to comment?

Last edited by dwilderpi; 01-16-2008 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: mistake in spelling

Old 01-16-2008, 04:09 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
To Shirle 53, I am sorry that I missed your posting. Tradition is good to raise children. But school system may be a concern (I have no children so no clue..).

To dwilderpi, it depends on what do you like to do and what is your major concern? You may rent in PSL for a while and then decide whether you like the place or not. PslOldtimer's postings give a very comprehensive review of PSL.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 13,858 times
hi spatfam. i know you wrote this a long time ago, but how funny my husband and i are exactally in your positin now, seriously. we have 4 kids and looking to move psl. we love the way it looks and people seem MORE friendly then here in Plantation, and my husband is a plumber also, the only difference is he does not have a job yet, but we cant stand this s. fl. life style anylonger. so please reply if you still read these, and let me know how things are going. we are looking to move to psl in about a month, we've been driving up there almost every sat. for 2 weeks to look around and get the feel of things.we also need good schools and good neighborhood for the kids sake you know? thanks and hopefully everything is worked out for you and your family? hoopefully mine will too.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:45 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
I am thinking of moving to Port St.Lucie as well. What scares me are the HOA fee's in tradition. They seem very high and due to the amount of foreclosures..will only get higher.

My question is this....are there any nice communities in PSL that are NON-HOA ? My price range is a 3/2 between 150K-200K

Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 AM

150 posts, read 706,438 times
We moved to PSL just over a year ago from S.Fla.My husband still makes the daily commute to Broward for work but we love it here. We wanted to get away from the HOA's so we bought in the Darwin/Becker Rd. area.It's also an easier commute for my husband as the turnpike exit is right there.We don't miss S.Fla.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,077 times
Default from the cape to fla

ok, we've had enough of the new engalnd winter, so we are selling our home and moving to fla. what part is best? tough question, i know. my pals say PSL is great, while my parents (who live in boca) say coral springs and parkland is the place to go. i know south florida well from visitng my folks every year, but need a safe community with a good school for my 12 year-old. so, any ideas, any testimonials for PSL over other areas? thanks!

capemike

Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
This original post on PSL is very old so lets do a bit of updating- there are bridges that have been completed a lonnnng time now that go from the main part of PSL to Hut Island where the beaches are. They are free and kind of a nice drive since the distance across is considerable. The beaches are free also and beautiful areas all over with water going from the ocean all the way west to my area. Kayaking has become a great pass time since there are so many places to travel that way or by boat. It's very very different than Boca, Coral Springs or Parkland by far.

I also used to live in Boca for many many years (I opened sales at The Polo Club in Boca 1985 and worked in it for 13 years if that gives you any idea) but I worked my way north and am now in PSL- Tradition to be exact, where LingLing is also. I was very familiar with Coral Springs and Parkland and at the time both places were fine. Coral Springs had gotten extremely busy the last time I was there and not appealing. Parkland...if you can afford it was a nice area with large homes and open area. Also had a great riding area in it for the horse enthusiast. Boca....when I go back its honking horns and rude people and geez had it changed for the worse.

In PSL the newer homes are from the turnpike west. The school system is different here since they go to schools in areas, not by the school closest to your home. You need to contact the St. Lucie Count School Board (Internet) for information about the schools. They are building new schools all the time. We have lower priced housing than Palm Beach County so many people travel to West Palm for business but live here. I consider PSL a safe area. I consider downtown West Palm NOT a safe area for instance. I know Tradition is safe where LingLing and I live because we do background checks. We also have a wonderful family atmosphere and family events going on ALL the time. If you click on my name and go to my profile- look to the right for the photo album and click on it. All the photos are of Tradition...and fun.

I know you will hear all kinds of things and opinions about the different areas...the good, the bad and whatever. It will all finally come down to what style of living are you looking for and how much you want to spend and what you do for a living.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:45 AM

17 posts, read 40,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike1 View Post
Hey everyone, I just received a nice job offer in Port St Lucie. I have never been in southeastern Florida so I am unsure whether or not to accept. Don't know anything about the area. I am married with 3 kids, and would love a little input about crime (very important), schools and recreational activities. Is it a great area to raise a family? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
Port St Lucie to Invest $22 Million

March 13, 2009 www.kenduncanrealtor.com blog
Filed under News / Comments

Leave a comment

Port St Lucie is about to invest $22 million to attract high profile companies to the city.
This is the largest investment fund held in Florida. The whole idea focuses in building a huge jobs creation corridor at Tradition where Torrey Pines opened it 100,000 square foot lab earlier this year. Now VTGI Florida is breaking ground in the same area this year on its new lab.
This is only the start. Tradition is one of the largest new development areas in Florida with a lot of other interested companies looking to invest in the area.
We will keep you posted on this story as it happens. This only adds to the fact that buying an investment property in Port St Lucie at current prices is a very good idea.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,399 times
Default Port St Lucie

Port St Lucie is fast becoming Yankee New England South with all its attitudes. I would recommend that you rent first before buying here. The general area is mixed racial with a very strong liberal cross race bias. St Lucie West is mostly PUD (PRIVATE UNIT DEVELOPMENT) gated communities with a predominance of the homes lived in year round by retired New Englanders. The public schools are overcrowded mixed racial and sub par. There are some good private schools in the area.
Ft Pierce just north of Port St Lucie has a high crime rate and with a lot of illegal immigrants. Mostly living on welfare and medicaid. Unless you work in the Public sector there is very little work available except in the service industry.
The one major employer is talking about closing down their St Lucie operations the first of the year. Home values are less than they were 10 years ago and the default on mortgages is among the highest in the nation.
Martin county just south of Port St Lucie has a slightly better school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach