Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 07:01 PM

28 posts, read 123,807 times

Advertisements

How has your transition been?
Is it what you expected?
How are the schools?
Are you meeting friendly people?

My husband and I and our 2 girls (aged 10 &11 1/2) are planning to move to Falmouth from NY.

After lots of research, we think Falmouth will suit the needs of our entire family. We have one daughter who plays Ice Hockey and the other loves the Arts, Sports,... We all ski, love the cold & the snow,...most importantly we all love Maine!

We have just put our house on the market here and hope to be able to find a house when the spring market opens up...and at that point we hopefully will have a buyer for our house in NY!!
Our hope is that this will all take place in June.

Has anyone out there recently made a move from out of state to Falmouth?
Any words of wisdom?
Suggestions?
Thanks!
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Last edited by kaby; 01-13-2008 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 06:38 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,774 times
Welcome to the forun kaby. What part of New York? West Falmouth has large land parcels available and has more of a rural feel, Falmouth Foreside is close to the ocean with all that an ocean community offers. Both share the same well regarded school system and proximity to all Portland and all the amenities.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 AM

28 posts, read 123,807 times
Westchester County, NY ... about 4 hours from Falmouth.
I only want 1-2 acres and the Foreside is too expensive for what I want. We saw homes in the Stableford area and the Woodlands that we liked.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:04 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaby View Post
Westchester County, NY ... about 4 hours from Falmouth.
I only want 1-2 acres and the Foreside is too expensive for what I want. We saw homes in the Stableford area and the Woodlands that we liked.
Nice areas and there is plenty of inventory to choose from right now. I grew up on Long Island and moved to Maine for college in the late 70s, never left, and think you will fit in very well.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
I have a brother and SIL in Falmouth. They have lived in differant areas of Maine and are quite happy in Falmouth. Welcome to the forum and best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area