Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:09 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Any child in the womb who has beaten the system- deserves to live...Kind of a miracle baby....My mother back in Berlin..at the end of the war had a type of hysterectomy ...The doctor said she would never have children- She went on to have five..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 AM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If it did not work I would want all of my money back
and they would pay for all of the cost of the delivery of the baby ! ! !

Malpractice, and unsatisfactory, shotie, workmanship ! ! !
Tubal sterilizations can fail even when properly performed. Every woman who has one done is informed about the risk of failure when she signs the consent form for the procedure. Anyone who is not willing to accept the risk of failure should not have it done. To prove malpractice, you would have to show that the procedure was not done properly.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Any child in the womb who has beaten the system- deserves to live...Kind of a miracle baby....My mother back in Berlin..at the end of the war had a type of hysterectomy ...The doctor said she would never have children- She went on to have five..
If she had babies, she did not have a hysterectomy. Hysterectomy means removal of the uterus.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,480 times
I had a tubal ligation at the same time I had my 2nd daughter via C-section 1.5 years ago even though it took us years to get pregnant with each of our girls. I was 36. I am now 5 weeks pregnant. I didn't get the tubal because we didn't want to have anymore children, but because I had sever per-eclampsia with both pregnancies. Both girls were premature and both C-section deliveries. We didn't feel we should risk my life again and accepted that this was our family, just us and our girls. Now I don't know how to feel. Blessed because this baby happened against huge odds or scared because of the risk down the line?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I had my tubes tied 5 yrs ago and to this day if I am ovulating I make my husband wear a condom, and will continue to do until I reach menopause.
Having your tubes tied does not stop you from ovulating, that is your ovary's job, not the tubes.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:08 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaniAly View Post
I had a tubal ligation at the same time I had my 2nd daughter via C-section 1.5 years ago even though it took us years to get pregnant with each of our girls. I was 36. I am now 5 weeks pregnant. I didn't get the tubal because we didn't want to have anymore children, but because I had sever per-eclampsia with both pregnancies. Both girls were premature and both C-section deliveries. We didn't feel we should risk my life again and accepted that this was our family, just us and our girls. Now I don't know how to feel. Blessed because this baby happened against huge odds or scared because of the risk down the line?
Congratulations!! I've had a tubal myself and I cannot even imagine how you must feel, especially with your personal circumstances.

Look into the Brewer Pregnancy Diet to at least try to help with your pre-eclampsia. My midwife really advocated that moms use this diet. Doctors aren't informed about "simple" things such as the way moms eat, unfortunately.

This is the website: BlueRibbonBaby.org » Home

Old 09-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
Congratulations!! Doctors aren't informed about "simple" things such as the way moms eat, unfortunately.

This is the website: BlueRibbonBaby.org » Home
You know, it seems that people think that if they say doctors do not know anything about nutrition and say it often enough, it makes it true.

Hogwash!

Your Brewer diet site advises that a 50 to 60 pound weight gain is fine!

Actually, that much weight gain would make virtually all pregnant women obese. Obesity and increased pregnancy weight gain increase the risk of multiple complications for mother and baby, including the risk of pre-eclampsia.

The effect of gestational weight gain ... [J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

The Brewer diet encourages salting food to taste. Although sodium restriction probably does not help prevent pre-ecclampsia, women with the condition do retain sodium. Moderate sodium intake with avoidance of salty snacks would be prudent.

Eat Camembert cheese! (Forget about the fact that it may harbor listeria and is on the list of cheeses to avoid when you are pregnant.)

Is it safe to eat cheese during pregnancy?

The diet in total is very limiting, although it boils down to eating meat and veggies and avoiding junk. Exactly what we should do whether we are pregnant or not.

No one knows exactly what causes pre-eclampsia, but it is related to the placenta. Delivering the baby and removing the placenta cures it, and it can occur in abnormal pregnancies in which there is placental tissue but no fetus.

No one has shown that any dietary interventions will prevent pre-eclampsia or treat it after it develops. It most often happens in first pregnancies and does not usually recur. A pregnancy with a new partner increases the risk.

Women with recurrent pre-eclampsia should ask about testing for certain blood clotting abnormalities that can be treated and reduce the risk of another recurrence.

The article also suggests that doctors will prescribe weight loss medications and diuretics during pregnancy. Not in the US!

Anyone with questions about nutrition, pregnant or not, can ask for a referral to a nutritionist, That is a much better choice than this website. If you do not eat meat, seeing a nutritionist during pregnancy is an excellent idea.

See also here:

http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Pa...908T2150539866

Health & Nutrition Information for Pregnant & Breastfeeding Women

The second site includes a link to a daily food planner which you can personalize.

Let us now return to the topic of the thread: pregnancy after tubal sterilization.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 11,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Have you ever known someone to get pregnant after Tubal Ligation Surgery ?

I don't mean reversal surgery.

I mean naturally got pregnant after years of a tubal ligation ? Like maybe the tubes healed ?

I just turned 36 years old. I have twin 16 year olds and a 7 year old. 7 years ago I got my tubes tied. I went to the Doc today because I am having severe cramping and am 2 weeks late on my period. They informed me I was pregnant!! They knew I had a tubal ligation so they did 3 tests. I am for sure pregnant. 1.4% of women have the risk of getting pregnant. 1.4!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:15 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Yeah, but it was a cousin who borrowed the money from her mother to have it done but instead went on vacation.

Last edited by picklejuice; 10-23-2012 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Yes, there was a lady that worked for my ex-husband that had a tubal done after the birth of her second child. Just a few months later she got pregnant again and had a boy. She then had it done again. I think it is rare, but it can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy