Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM

144 posts, read 306,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
raggy - you'll love it. .
Thanks, I beleive I will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The grandparents had a moment when we told them - kinda like the skies had opened and little cherubs had come floating down to earth blowing trumpets. They had that kind of reaction. As if their dreams that they thought were for naught had finally come true. It was very sweet.
Thats how it happened for my wifes parents. They have a 44 year old son no kids, that is not married and finally settling down to 1 steady girl friend who already raised a kid. And my wife pushing 40 and in past saying were not having kids, they kinda wrote us off. After our announcement they reacted much like your quote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
If anyone was stunned when I announced that I was pregnant at 38, I wasn't aware of it. But when I showed my mom the sonogram, she thought it was from a mammogram and I was telling her that I had a breast lump...

And when I had my son and took him for a checkup, the pediatrician kept taking to our nanny. I thought that it was nice that he was including her in the discussion, but partway through, he asked her, "You are the mother, aren't you?"

Old 03-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Oh, I forgot to mentions. Not only is first child due in september. My brother and SIL are expecting there second child only a mere 4 days after our due date. HOW COOL IS THAT!!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
when I had my son and took him for a checkup, the pediatrician kept taking to our nanny. I thought that it was nice that he was including her in the discussion, but partway through, he asked her, "You are the mother, aren't you?"
ha ha, I am already prepared to hear people call me grandpa instead of DAD as the years go by.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:13 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,730 times
I'm 37 and having another child isn't off the table yet. We had a party at my son's preschool the other day, and there was a couple that looked like they were in their early 20's, and I had to look twice. They looked like babies with babies! It seems like there are more parents with young children in their late 30's & 40's than there are in their 20's.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
If anyone was stunned when I announced that I was pregnant at 38, I wasn't aware of it. But when I showed my mom the sonogram, she thought it was from a mammogram and I was telling her that I had a breast lump...

And when I had my son and took him for a checkup, the pediatrician kept taking to our nanny. I thought that it was nice that he was including her in the discussion, but partway through, he asked her, "You are the mother, aren't you?"
That is AWESOME! Too funny.... I went for my annual Ob appointment last year (37 YO) and she was talking about permanent birth control and I informed her that we were still considering another. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and said "You'd better hurry." I've never felt so old as that day!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:56 PM

20 posts, read 28,075 times
Well I'm 45 and have been wanting a child for a few years now. It's a little scary at times I must admit, to think that. (For me) But I know several people in their 50's that have adopted children and are amazing parents. Congrats to you! God bless you and your child!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 PM

86 posts, read 259,947 times
My mother and father were 41 and 44 when I was born. My mom always said having me kept them young and I have to agree that they never seemed older than the younger parents of my friends. They were active and involved in my life.

I am 39 and my husband is 50 and we have a 6 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old and we are thinking about evening things up with 1 more. My parents were thrilled to have grandkids. My husband's parents think that we are nuts.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:13 AM

422 posts, read 649,451 times
I think like everything it's a choice. It does seem these days that people are delaying it longer and longer for selfish reasons in an effort to design what they feel is perfect for their plans and don't give much thought to how it will affect the children. I WANTED TO...WELL WE WANTED TO....first. Children have become like an accesory that gets added after everything "important" is finished.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:34 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
I think like everything it's a choice. It does seem these days that people are delaying it longer and longer for selfish reasons in an effort to design what they feel is perfect for their plans and don't give much thought to how it will affect the children. I WANTED TO...WELL WE WANTED TO....first. Children have become like an accesory that gets added after everything "important" is finished.
Haha - good one. You were joking, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy