Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 AM

9 posts, read 17,861 times

Advertisements

The situation...

I'd like very much to have another child. I do have a child from a previous relationship (we were married, in case that matters to anyone).

I've with my (now husband, previously partner) for over 5 years and I'd really like to have a child with him. He's stated that he would like to have kids, but wants to do this "right" (whatever that means).

He's a really great stepfather, no issues there.

He doesn't have any kids of his own, either.

We've been married for a couple of years now, and I'm what one would describe as an "older mother" by this point, and I'd no doubt be in the high risk category.

How can I get him to see that if we want to do this, he needs to step it up and quit trying to have kids by some sort of universal playbook?

Truthfully, I am starting to think that my interest in reproducing further is on the decline.

I'd be open to adoption, I suppose, but I am beginning to be used to not having to take care of a wee one on a regular basis (when he and I met, my small one was 4, and I was really eager to have more back then).

Now, I just want to get going, or settle into being done with having kids.

This is a source of contention for my husband and I. (Waiting or not... not the having kids part)

I try to keep harmony in our marriage, and to banish negativity, but on this issue, it's becoming difficult.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 08:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Your husband feeling that he wants certain "conditions" in place, or that he feels it needs to be done "right" is a show of reluctance on his part....no doubt if he keeps putting it off he knows that you will eventually loose the desire.....He should just be straight with you, and say either yes, or no...instead of leaving you hanging with his indecisivness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy