Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:18 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times

Advertisements

Gretchen is very pretty.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Congratulations!!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchArk87 View Post
Great news! My wife and I had a baby girl last week. I just want to post to thank you all for your opinions on baby names.

We chose to name our baby girl Gretchen Joi.
Nice name, and congratulations!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:39 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Quote:
My wife and I are expecting a child in August and we are struggling to pick unique baby names for our child. We do not want common names except for Grace, Renee, and Hayden. We have a list of first and middle names for both genders and we would love to hear your opinions/thoughts even negative ones. If you happen to have any suggestions of better names to go with other names listed, please feel free to share.

For a boy...

Rene Laurent
Amsterdam Lloyd
Hayden Lloyd

For a girl....

Haylei Grace
Haylei Genevieve
Emmalin Grace
Uma Renee
Out of those boys' choices I like Hayden Lloyd. I like that middle name, you definitely don't hear it everyday. And this is out of left field a little bit, but it reminds me of actor Christopher Lloyd - who I consider distinguished respectable person and actor. As far as your other choices - Amsterdam? Don't do that to a kid. My respect and warm regards to your Uncle Amsterdam or to your favorite city, if that's why you wanted to choose that name. But, it's just not good. And Rene? I know that's technically an accepted unisex name, but frankly, it's a girl's name in my opinion.

Based on your girl choices I like Haylei Genevieve. I don't like Uma at all. Emmalin, Emma, and all those variations are a little overdone in my opinion. Hayley and all variations are kind of common too, but I really enjoy that "ei" spelling on names. I think it's unique. And I choose Genevieve as a middle name because again, Grace is so overdone.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Quote:
Great news! My wife and I had a baby girl last week. I just want to post to thank you all for your opinions on baby names.

We chose to name our baby girl Gretchen Joi.
Whoa! haha Guess I'm late.
Good choice. Gretchen is the name of a relative of mine. I like that name. And you don't hear it everyday.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,978 times
Quote:
I married a Dutch lady from Amsterdam so go figure! She likes Amsterdam and she thinks it's better than names after a city such as Houston, Orlando, and Dallas, etc. I warned kids will tease based on the ultra liberal environment in Amsterdam.
Good job she's not from Scheveningen or 's Hertogenbosch eh?!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Beautiful name! Congratulations!!

(You should save a copy of this thread for her to look at whan she's older.)

Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Congratulations on the baby Very unique name.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:18 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
Quote:
My wife and I are expecting a child in August and we are struggling to pick unique baby names for our child. We do not want common names except for Grace, Renee, and Hayden. We have a list of first and middle names for both genders and we would love to hear your opinions/thoughts even negative ones. If you happen to have any suggestions of better names to go with other names listed, please feel free to share.

For a boy...

Rene Laurent
Amsterdam Lloyd
Hayden Lloyd

For a girl....

Haylei Grace
Haylei Genevieve
Emmalin Grace
Uma Renee
Gretchen is lovely. We were considering that name at one point Great choice and congrats!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
congrats. great name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy