Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times

Advertisements

kEN ..great choice of words. Prescott has kept on coming up as one of the top ten retirement destinations over the last 12 years or so. It has recognition wherever I go. I enjoy living in Chino Valley..but seems a particular person seems to bash it as a drug town. There are many developments in Chino Valley now. Two people from my church live on acreage here in CV. Both are professional people.

Many people in our development are retired Professional people with some families still working and have children. Neighbors are close to one another..so if someone needs help ..we can rely on our neighbors. It is a wonderful community and I am so proud to be part of it.

I am proud of Living in Chino Valley..you will see me wearing tee shirts with Chino Valley on the front..decorated. The Tri-City area ..is a beautiful area to live and you feel SAFE here. I have the best doctor ever (I think in the world) who calls me up to see how I am doing ...who I sit in her office while she listens to me and consoles me...I have the best dentist ever in CV..who is not expensive and is careful not to hurt me, my chiropractor and his staff always greet me with open arms..I feellike they are family, People are friendly and caring here in the Tri-city area. I find people from all over the world who chose Prescott or Tri City area as their home now.

I belong to a Bunkco group..I sub. All the women live in our development or close by. They love living here in Chino Valley. Most of the houses are 2000 or up sq ft. Very beautiful houses. They would never live anywhere else. Most came from California but others have come from Michigan, New Jersey, New York.

So. please..before you place labels on the town I live in ..get to know some of us. We have a beautiful Safeway Store, Walgreens, nice post office, Alco, the two dollar stores ..Dominoes Pizza and Pizza Hut. It is a small country rancher's town.

I went to hospital Emergency last week and talked to some people there from CV ..one knew our next door neighbors real well. This woman and two other neighbor's..brought another sick elderly neighbor to the hospital. 3 different neighbor's brought their one elderly neighbor and that is what I call watching out for one another. Wow..awesome if you ask me.

Like all towns, there are people who chose to take drugs or abuse alcohol. You will find that in every small town and medium town and large city across America.

I am not ashamed to live in Chino Valley. I have a beautiful view out of the windows of my house and I can see the valley and mountains in the distant...from Bill Williams Moutain and San Francisco Peaks to Granite Mountain out the front and the moutain in back of my house. I can sit on both the front and back patios and view the wild antelope and horses and cattle out on the prairie. Aaah..such is life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,998 times
My family and I love Chino Valley, it's a real nice place to live. I won't gush, think Smilin' covered it pretty well. However, to say it's a "drug town" is just more overblown nonsense. There's a lot of that around here. A frog can fart over by Watson Lake and suddenly we'll have a methane crisis.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 AM

67 posts, read 149,053 times
Thanks so much for all the comments Can't wait till May

Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
OK, May is a pretty nice month here and the tourists tend to book motels and the like up then particularly for weekends and the time around the 3 day weekend.
You may want to select something in advance or make sure you come during the week.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 PM

Thinking the same thing, need to book now May is the soonist we could get there because of the dog sitting arangement

It's also taken awhile to settle on where we will stay ( thanks for the suggestions ) I think were leaning towards the comfort inn in Prescott for our room, it's central to what we want to see and still a little space from the excitement of town.

Also congragulations on the 2 new businesses coming to Arizona I'm sure it will help with the employment issues there.

Ron

Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 PM

You might want to check with the Comfort Inn, I know they accept pets but I don't know how big.
And they are actually on the SW corner of town and it's some 7-8 miles to the North end.
But you have to start somewhere!
I see some things picking up here but it's slow. It has not returned to what it was 2-3 years ago and I am not sure anywhere has yet.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Hey Ken ! No the pup is hanging at home, we had to wait till the wife's mom could stay and keep an eye on things for us

The new jobs I was mentioning were that new Intel factory and also a solar panel factory coming to the Phoenix area although not in the Prescott limits their still in the state which should help.

Ron

Old 02-23-2011, 04:11 PM

OK, I thought you might be talking about Trader Joe's coming to Prescott which many like here.
I was confused when you mentioned 2 new businesses.
For me and many here Phoenix is not something we really like to go to often unless we have to for something.
Others have to go often and it makes me wonder why they moved here. Maybe they have nothing better to do.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM

There's a Trader Joe's here at the beach, they have some unusual brands and some interesting items but their prices were a little high compared to a regular grocerey store from my observation.

Booked our room at the Comfort Inn in Prescott ! can't wait thanks for the input all of you

Old 03-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Enjoy your stay when you come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott