Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 09:34 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times

Advertisements

I have my bank account set up through my credit union to send a check for the bill to CableOne once a month on a given date.
I also have a memo that I send to myself to check the bill online with them to make sure that I am sending the correct amount in case it varied. The account number and address the check is sent to is part of my banking and I sure would not check that and verify it.
Today I got that memo and checked my account and it said I was in arrears by last months payment and owed the same amount again due shortly.
I called CableOne and I wanted to share what they did as you may be affected also.

CableOne changed the PO Pox that they get mail at. There was no special notice sent out to customers.
CableOne changed your account number too. No notice went out for that either.
Sure, it shows on the statement but who verifies the mailing address and account number each month? I sure don't.
CableOne also failed to put in a forwarding address from the old PO Box to the new one.

I called and talked to two reps in the billing section and in turn tried to send them proof via my journal and my confirmation receipt from my bank that the check was sent and such. Their firewall blocked the attempts to email the employees. These messages had no attachments, they were copies and past of the information which should have went through just as if I typed the information into the emal. Another failure within their system????

They did not call me or email me but they had my account set up for disconnect and collection too. What a bunch of clowns.

I don't know how they expected to be paid. I now know that CableOne must have hired the guy in charge of this stuff from the unemployment roles and he was the guy that came up with New Coke

I checked with my bank and they took the money out of my account but the check never got cashed and officially is just missing. So they stopped payment and when the money is back in my account I will send it again to CableOne.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at CableOne's next business meeting.

Last edited by keninaz; 11-16-2015 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:01 PM

558 posts, read 972,206 times
I just have them debit the amount from my bank account. That way you never have to make manual changes like a mailing address or amount. Less hassle, but I can see how some folks may not want someone else to just suck money out of one's account.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:04 PM

And I don't know that I trust any company enough to supply them with my account number either so they can make that debit transaction.
Ever had your account compromised and got false charges? I have, a couple of times. I don't give my account numbers to anyone I don't have to. So far the fraud has cost me nothing, but I keep a really close watch on my account online too.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
I got a warning from Cable One I went over the allowed usage and I phoned them and I got a rude customer service rep so I phoned back and I reported the first customer service rep being rude. I was told I was lucky they just gave me a warning, other companies just charge a person for the added usage. Anyway, they allow you two times to go over usage on internet and the third time they place you in the next tier that costs another $25 a month. I told him that is illegal to do that and he said no it isn't. What a monopoly.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Wow, I have never come close to using my allowance.
Over time they have made you used to paying for TV one way or another and ever increasing costs for cell phones and such. Things we all used to live without.
Today my bank replaced the money for the check they sent to them in Oct and I scheduled another checked to go out to the new account number and PO Box they changed too.
Lessons learned Cableone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott