Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:45 AM

89 posts, read 101,383 times

Advertisements

Are there any puppy breeders in the are,
We are interested in Bichon's & Samoyeds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 02:39 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
https://yavapaihumane.org/get-involved/adopt/dogs/

Old 06-09-2017, 05:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
With so many dogs needing good homes, why go to a breeder? I don't understand the thinking on this. Pure breds are nice but so also are the other kind. The ones with no homes, no one to love, no one to throw the ball for them. It's sad and I would never go to a breeder for a dog. I know many people do, but it's still a shame.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:35 AM

181 posts, read 349,198 times
Default Breeders

Completely agree with your thoughts, but many specific breeds just do not show up in shelters a lot. Having said that, I recommend the rescue groups for those certain breeds. Many of them have rescue groups in AZ - so they can be found that way instead of through a breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
With so many dogs needing good homes, why go to a breeder? I don't understand the thinking on this. Pure breds are nice but so also are the other kind. The ones with no homes, no one to love, no one to throw the ball for them. It's sad and I would never go to a breeder for a dog. I know many people do, but it's still a shame.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:17 PM

89 posts, read 101,383 times
Ok, I do understand that adopting is better, but if you want a certain breed of a dog, its not likely you will find at the animal shelter.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:47 PM

479 posts, read 802,329 times
Dorskate....no need to backtrack. There is nothing wrong with wanting to go thru a breeder so you know the dog's lineage and any puppy you buy almost always comes with a health guarantee as well. Yeah, going to the shelter is the PC / Cool thing to do but nobody should be chastised for not doing so. My local shelter is probably 90% pit bulls and chihuahuas. Two dogs I dislike a great deal.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 PM

56 posts, read 81,031 times
The German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County (CA) is planning an adoption event in Prescott sometime this year. They are going to drive 380 miles and back to get some of their dogs adopted. They feel the demographics for placing German shepherds are good.

BTW, you can adopt from them if located in the Prescott area. The key is willing to qualify for adoption and drive to OC to select a dog.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 AM

181 posts, read 349,198 times
Default Alternatives for Certain Breeds

As I stated, go to rescue groups. Almost all the major breeds have rescue groups and they do get puppies.

That is the alternative so shelters if you are looking for a certain breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Dorskate....no need to backtrack. There is nothing wrong with wanting to go thru a breeder so you know the dog's lineage and any puppy you buy almost always comes with a health guarantee as well. Yeah, going to the shelter is the PC / Cool thing to do but nobody should be chastised for not doing so. My local shelter is probably 90% pit bulls and chihuahuas. Two dogs I dislike a great deal.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:25 AM

354 posts, read 415,175 times
I wanted a Pug puppy and I found breeders in Phoenix, they would not accept phone calls, only texts, never answered my texts. I ended up adopting a dog from United Animal, mixed Chihuahua breed, almost two years and honestly, I could have not had a better dog. She is so smart and so well behaved.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:49 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
With so many dogs needing good homes, why go to a breeder? I don't understand the thinking on this.
You don't need to. Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott