Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:35 AM

479 posts, read 802,944 times

Advertisements

Waiting in line for Dunkin Donuts? That I just don't get. It's not like they are anything special to start with. That's like waiting in line for a burger at Burger King just because they're new in town. I could understand if some "gourmet/trendy" donut shop like VooDoo Donuts from Portland opened a local shop...they are pricey but at least they aren't just a simple donut that you can get at any donut shop on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 04:17 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Waiting in line for Dunkin Donuts? That I just don't get. It's not like they are anything special to start with. That's like waiting in line for a burger at Burger King just because they're new in town. I could understand if some "gourmet/trendy" donut shop like VooDoo Donuts from Portland opened a local shop...they are pricey but at least they aren't just a simple donut that you can get at any donut shop on the planet.
I somewhat agree, but you have to show support to new business in town that desperately needs more variety. VooDoo Donuts would never set up shop here, like people say the demographics are out of wack in Prescott and to a lesser extent PV. When Mod Pizza opens in September, I'll be doing the same thing.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:28 PM

354 posts, read 416,027 times
Default Are the donuts made on site?

I really enjoy eating a good donut from time to time because I could become easily become addicted to a good donut. When I grew up there was a donut shop in Lomita, CA called, Angel Food Donuts. It was a drive through and two ladies owned it, very tasty donuts. Helms Bakery had the best glazed donuts I have ever had the pleasure of eating. We also had a Dunkin Donuts and I have never had the craving for these donuts. I think partly they would make up the donuts early in the morning and let them sit out for hours on end and by the time I bought my donut, did not taste fresh. I really like the new donut shop in Prescott Daylight Donuts. They are fresh and tasty and not at all greasy but admit I have had better.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:14 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,274,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
That's like waiting in line for a burger at Burger King just because they're new in town.
You'd have laughed to see everyone line up "out here" in San Tan Valley back in 2008 when the first fast food joint opened up...drum roll...TACO BELL!

They actually had to close early at least once because they ran out of food!

Old 07-06-2019, 11:21 AM

402 posts, read 613,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
I really enjoy eating a good donut from time to time because I could become easily become addicted to a good donut. When I grew up there was a donut shop in Lomita, CA called, Angel Food Donuts. It was a drive through and two ladies owned it, very tasty donuts. Helms Bakery had the best glazed donuts I have ever had the pleasure of eating. We also had a Dunkin Donuts and I have never had the craving for these donuts. I think partly they would make up the donuts early in the morning and let them sit out for hours on end and by the time I bought my donut, did not taste fresh. I really like the new donut shop in Prescott Daylight Donuts. They are fresh and tasty and not at all greasy but admit I have had better.
Dunkin years ago made donuts fresh in store daily. Not anymore. All shipped in now. Quality is terrible IMO

Old 07-06-2019, 11:28 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
Dunkin years ago made donuts fresh in store daily. Not anymore. All shipped in now. Quality is terrible IMO
It's mediocre quality, but a trick I learned is to microwave the donuts about 10-20 seconds if they've been sitting in the box for a couple days. They're reheated and soft again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott