Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 10:56 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
You want land right? So your choices are very limited. Out Williamson Valley road. North of 89 in Coyote Springs. Then an area off 89 closer to the mountain on the way to Jerome. Think its called Coyote Crest? Not positive. But that is an area of nicer houses compared to Coyote Springs.

Ill put a map showing what I mean. The red circle area includes Coyote Springs where I know there are 10 acre lots. However keep in mind its very mixed bag out there. You could have a nice house right next door to a old mobile home. You could have a beautifully kept yard right next to a dirt lot thats a junkyard.

Most of Prescott and Prescott Valley have next to no land and a lot of areas that aren't very nice housing wise.

Its windy pretty much every day. Chino Valley is said to be pretty windy and is just not a very nice area in general. Id rule that out.

Another area not on the map is Dewey off of 169. Same side of the road as Dewey Medical Center. There are some nice houses out there with land.

I got here late in August so maybe it was over by then. We only had one rain storm by the time I was here. But it was a hail storm.

https://imgur.com/uqpAlCQ
I have to disagree with you about Chino Valley,it is not built up so there is lots of inexpensive land available for development and it is a short distance to the Prescott area and Williamson Valley. Since you have already noticed that Prescott and PV have very little land it only makes sense that development will head out to Chino Valley. I remember when I moved here 16 years ago Prescott Valley was called a dust bowl where no one wanted to live. That changed pretty quick. Watch and see grasshopper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 12:56 PM

67 posts, read 79,003 times
Was looking at this the other day in Chino. Nice place and really reasonable.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2.../8755345_zpid/

Old 05-26-2020, 02:00 PM

402 posts, read 612,532 times
They look close on the map. But dont think these areas are even similar. Chino and Williamson Valley couldn't be more different. For the most part Chino is a dump

Old 05-26-2020, 03:08 PM

479 posts, read 802,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman2020 View Post
Was looking at this the other day in Chino. Nice place and really reasonable.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2.../8755345_zpid/
Looks nice but I like that style of home as well. I don't know anything about owning horses and what's needed but it all looks pretty nice.I personally couldn't handle all that flat land of nothingness but it's probably nice for the horses.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
They look close on the map. But dont think these areas are even similar. Chino and Williamson Valley couldn't be more different. For the most part Chino is a dump
Haha love it. On street view Williamson looks like the spot honestly. But what I have learned in all my research is that you have to be there, drive around etc so get a real idea what an area is like. 3 more months and we'll be ready! Can't wait.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:59 PM

Looking at some charts on the wind for Prescott. Showtime also said it was a pretty windy place. Can anyone comment further on this? And for the folks who live out in Williamson, or who are very familiar with it, is this the case out in those parts?

I've been in places where the wind never seems to stop and it gets really old!

Old 05-29-2020, 08:30 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Williamson Valley is way overpriced but nice in a fancy sort of way, too many Orange County types for me, sort of a faux horsey paradise IMHO. We also avoided CV, but there are some VERY nice houses there if you look around, Even some on the E side of the 89. You just have to be careful and check who your neighbors are.......

Old 05-29-2020, 08:53 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman2020 View Post
Looking at some charts on the wind for Prescott. Showtime also said it was a pretty windy place. Can anyone comment further on this? And for the folks who live out in Williamson, or who are very familiar with it, is this the case out in those parts?

I've been in places where the wind never seems to stop and it gets really old!
It does get pretty windy at times. I wouldn't go as far as never seems to stop? It's windier than where I lived in New York but that's about all I can compare it to. When we first moved here I used to fly the American and Arizona flags every day. I have noticed that they just don't last that long. The sun bleaches and weakens them out and the wind rips them to shreds.

In Arizona I keep all of my vehicles garaged. You can always tell which vehicles are left outside. The sun beats the hell out of the paint. As a car guy that's one of the things I've noticed when we first moved here. Vehicles with faded and peeling paint, bleached interiors and cracked dashboards. Some people cover their tires mostly RV's that are left outside for prolonged periods of time.

Much better than New York though were vehicles just rust away into oblivion if you don't take care of them. During the winter out there I would hook up a garden hose to the hot water heater and wash the undercarriage of my truck at least twice a week. Even into the spring as the roads would still have salt on them left over from the winter. If you didn't take care of stone chips right away you can expect to see rust spots within a short period of time. Let it go for too long and it would start to rust through.

In Arizona I've seen a lot of vehicles that have been sitting outside for decades with no paint on them yet they weren't all rusted out, only surface rust.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse lifestyle in Prescott-img_1705.jpg   Horse lifestyle in Prescott-img_1741.jpg   Horse lifestyle in Prescott-img_1736.jpg  

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 05-29-2020 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-30-2020, 07:50 AM

I actually tend to like the yuppie rich areas. Neighborhoods are usually clean and people have higher incomes. Statistically lower income neighborhoods have more crime. Now dealing with or talking to yuppie people is completely different. But It doesn't bother us because we keep to ourselves.

Not a deal breaker for the wind but hopefully it's not to bad. We'll definitely be finding a garage when/if we move. That's awesome about the older rigs around there. Up where I'm from in the PNW, if you were a really passionate car collector enthusiast, you'd be looking for a California rig. Rust was a problem as well up there.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:53 AM

Some of my rigs from a couple years ago. '75 highboy and a '75 crew cab.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse lifestyle in Prescott-highboy-4th.jpg   Horse lifestyle in Prescott-13920035_10208883168789763_8187409935779294700_o.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott