Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2021, 11:00 AM

554 posts, read 745,435 times

Advertisements

Long-Time-Lurker / Occasional-Poster here ...

DW and I recently made a side trip to Prescott, and met with our Realtor to talk about a move to the area.
One of the areas we were shown is “Viewpoint”, and I really liked it a lot!
My DW is concerned for its proximity to the Prescott Airport.

So, I thought I’d ask of those who actually live there — if there are any on this forum — “What’s the aircraft-noise like in Viewpoint?”
We know about the Embrey-Riddle influence at the Airport; and, we’re aware of the United Express flights in and out, also.

Since we currently live under the take-off/landing patterns for one of the Silicon Valley Airports, one of our real concerns is to lower or eliminate as much vehicle, rail, and/or airport traffic noise as possible with our next home purchase.

Does anyone who lives there have any insight about this?? ... Adv-THANKS-ance! ... T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 12:05 PM

144 posts, read 146,864 times
We are in Viewpoint North.
Viewpoint is a large area.
In our area now for about 10 years. About the only noise we get occasionally is from the medic helicopter that flies from YRMC East to the airport for refueling.
Other than that, if there is a fire in the forests around here they use the local airport to recharge the chemicals on the fire fighting aircraft and they can get a little low at times.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7kkk View Post
We are in Viewpoint North.
Viewpoint is a large area.
In our area now for about 10 years. About the only noise we get occasionally is from the medic helicopter that flies from YRMC East to the airport for refueling.
Other than that, if there is a fire in the forests around here they use the local airport to recharge the chemicals on the fire fighting aircraft and they can get a little low at times.
Thank you for replying, w7kkk! That was reassuring! As unfamiliar as we are with Viewpoint North or South, East or West , I’m fairly-sure we were shown the ‘North’ community. And, our realtor has email’d us 4 or 5 properties in that area, as far as I can tell.

Of course, this is not to say that other developments aren’t under consideration, too ... I’ll need to look at my hastily scrawled notes, to provide their names, should anyone provide comments about ‘em ...

Thanks, Again! ... Tom

Old 10-15-2021, 09:25 AM

144 posts, read 146,864 times
As a side note, you might wish to know also that "North" had HOA fees like the rest, but ours are only some $106 a year. Just so you know.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:06 AM

138 posts, read 230,262 times
We also live in Viewpoint North and have since 2004. As stated, the only real noise from the airport seems to be low flying helocopters and the military jets that come by every now and then. Can't say what the future holds since the money people seem to think bigger is better meaning bigger commercial planes coming and going could be in the future. Hope not. Other than that Viewpoint is a great place to live no matter what section. Good luck!

Old 10-16-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzbellz View Post
We also live in Viewpoint North and have since 2004. As stated, the only real noise from the airport seems to be low flying helocopters and the military jets that come by every now and then. Can't say what the future holds since the money people seem to think bigger is better meaning bigger commercial planes coming and going could be in the future. Hope not. Other than that Viewpoint is a great place to live no matter what section. Good luck!
Many Thanks to you, hellzbellz — and to w7kkk, too.
I’m aware of the HOA Fee for Viewpoint homes, and thankful they aren’t higher than they currently are.
Our real concern is for the noise from the airport, and/or aircraft flying over the house. Where we currently live, we’re immediately under the take-off pattern for one of Silicon Valley’s airports. It’s been pretty noisy with jet airliners taking-off from ~6 AM until after 11 PM Every. Single. Day. ...

Thanks for the good information, Y’all! ... T

Old 10-19-2021, 03:28 PM

ATTENTION, ADMINISTRATOR(S) ... Y’all can probably *close* this thread ... Thank You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott