Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 06:51 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,063 times

Advertisements

There are several nice hotels in Prescott that are close to the center of town,you should be able to google them without a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 08:54 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,870,002 times
It seems corruption is even found in the management areas of Prescott hotels.

Denied:1up! Software ()

Do your research BEFORE you pick a hotel. Many are for sale. Currently, 20% of the hotels in Prescott are "for sale". IMHO, I would not stay at a hotel that is for sale, going through renovations, or a change in ownership.

A friend of mine works at one of the Prescott hotels. They state that the whole hospitality market in Prescott has been rocked to its core. Income is down 30%-35% for hotels, as compared to 2008. Many are teetering on foreclosure and it's getting ugly.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
It seems corruption is even found in the management areas of Prescott hotels.

Denied:1up! Software ()

Do your research BEFORE you pick a hotel. Many are for sale. Currently, 20% of the hotels in Prescott are "for sale". IMHO, I would not stay at a hotel that is for sale, going through renovations, or a change in ownership.

A friend of mine works at one of the Prescott hotels. They state that the whole hospitality market in Prescott has been rocked to its core. Income is down 30%-35% for hotels, as compared to 2008. Many are teetering on foreclosure and it's getting ugly.
I'm not sure I would not stay at a hotel in Prescott (or anywhere) for a couple of days solely because I happen to find out it's for sale. Most of us don't know where to look to see which ones are for sale, and wouldn't take the time.

I'm sure, with the economy, that more hotels everywhere are for sale. But anytime, anywhere, everything is for sale for the right price. Doesn't mean one shouldn't stay there if it meets the requirements of what's wanted in a hotel/motel.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,998 times
There is corruption in everything so we should all simply stay in our caves and wait for Judgment Day to deliver us from evil.

Unless you want to be a realist and just get on with your life, do the best you can for your family and community, and address inequities in ways that will produce meaningful results.

It's easy to cry Wolf and complain about everything; it's quite a bit different actually getting off your duff and doing something productive.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:32 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,870,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I'm not sure I would not stay at a hotel in Prescott (or anywhere) for a couple of days solely because I happen to find out it's for sale.
For instance, there is one hotel in Prescott that sold and is going through a ownership change, management change and renovation. If you read the on-line reviews by guests, they are negative, because the hotel is in a state of chaos, disorganization, repair, and having a quiet, comfortable stay is not possible. Especially since the GM was arrested on felony warrants.

Selling any real estate today, in such a bad market, is not a good idea. Now is the worst time to sell, unless you have to, which means the property is in distress. Therefore a distressed property will have employee morale problems, financial problems and management problems.
That's not a hotel I would like to stay at.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:19 AM

533 posts, read 1,461,998 times
I suppose if you go on vacation and spend all day at the hotel then having a better staff is meaningful. If you're inclined to spend most of your time away from the hotel actually doing things, and just have the hotel there for a place to sleep, then a hotel as being described here may offer some really good prices. I'd be inclined to get the best discounts they'll offer if they're that hard up for guests. Why pay top dollar if you're going to be out and about all day long, sun up to sundown?

If 2 hotels are the same price, but one is "in distress" while the other is not then certainly go for the one that seems more stable. If one is being sold and hurting for funds, chances are you can score a sizeable discount on the room rate. Just talk to the manager.

All depends on your needs. Issues have so many shades of gray to them, they're never as black and white as they are made out to be.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:45 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
For instance, there is one hotel in Prescott that sold and is going through a ownership change, management change and renovation. If you read the on-line reviews by guests, they are negative, because the hotel is in a state of chaos, disorganization, repair, and having a quiet, comfortable stay is not possible. Especially since the GM was arrested on felony warrants.

Selling any real estate today, in such a bad market, is not a good idea. Now is the worst time to sell, unless you have to, which means the property is in distress. Therefore a distressed property will have employee morale problems, financial problems and management problems.
That's not a hotel I would like to stay at.
That's ONE hotel, the Prescott Inn. Stuff like that can happen, ANYWHERE. Before I go stay in a city for a day or two or three, (not a month or two) I'm simply not going to do a google search for news stories about hotels I'm considering, or call whoever I would call to find out which ones are for sale. I do look at some of the travel review sites, but the opinions there can be all over the map even for the same time period. If there's a current review, you can learn if there is remodeling going on. That's something I might ask when I call for reservations.

And, esenjay is right, If I am going to a large resort where I'm going to be hanging around the hotel, the service/ambience issues matter more. If I am going to be out and about seeing the sights, if it's clean and relatively quiet, and the price is neither too low nor too high, then I am fine with that.

The OP was looking for recommendations on where to stay in Prescott for a weekend (and, they've been and gone BTW, their trip was to be in October. ) I don't thnk this needs to be turned into yet another discussion of economic crisis and wrongdoing in Prescott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: