Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
but the Vikings knew what they were getting with Randy Moss so why the heck did they take him in the first place? Do you think Favre wanted him?

Yes, Farve needed a guy to open up the field. Berrian is crap & Rice will be out longer than expected.

Chilli is so anal that he cant stand any dissent or criticism. Even well deserved.

My only hope is that the Wilf notices that the Vikes have quit on Childress, and they fire him ASAP and promote Leslie Frazier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Randy Moss has two loves, the Vikings and the Patriots. He married the Vikings but his mistress is the Patriots. He has stated this week he misses the hell out of the Pats.
The Vikings have given up on him for good, finally.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
I just came across a blurb where it was speculated that the impetus behind Moss's waiving was the result of a post-practice meal tirade, where he essentially stood up in front of the cafeteria and went on an extended rant about the quality of the food, with the caterers of the local establishment present. Personally, I think he was waived because of his lack of effort, if you look at the film of this last game, his lack of effort was revealing. I mentioned in another thread that he should have ran through the pass interference penalty, and would have scored if he had not complained to the officials. That's only the tip of the iceberg. On plays where he was split to the side of the field in the direction where the play wasn't being run, he was barely making a break off of the line of scrimmage. This type of effort is palpably corrosive to a team concept, and I think that's the real reason he was canned. Effort, or lack of, which begets the greater overall problem, character.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:06 PM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
BTW, from what I keep reading, Childress is gone and is not that good of a coach anyway.
That would be consistent with thier other management decisions....since he just got a big extension.

What's next? Hiring Heath Ledger to help them advertise their 2011 season ticket sales?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
If you guys REALLY believe the Vikings, Raiders, Patriots, and Vikings again got rid of Moss because of his lack of effort then you do not know ANYTHING about football... period!

Moss is 6'5"... when he runs hard it looks like he is jogging. So when he is jogging it looks like he is loafing. You do not get the kind of stats he has by showing a lack of effort. None of you all can find ANY coach of Moss' at any level that says he lacks effort. Only media and opposing players have said this of Moss. The guy is respected by his teammates and coaches.

This was all about a Narcissistic man in Childress who got mad at a subordinate who questioned his intellect, scheme, and authority. I have no problem with any coach making this decison but AGAIN everyone knows Moss is going to do that... so why do you give up a 3rd round draft pick and then say I change my mind, I didnt know he was going to be like that?

Give me a break... Childress is on way out the door. He got mad at Moss and got rid of him for a personal reason. Nothing to do with football.

"Unsuccessfuly people make slow decisions and they change their mind constantly... Successful people make quick decisions and they rarely change their mind!!!"

Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
No matter if you are right or wrong you sound like a total douche bag.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
I just heard on ESPN that Childress said "we want good people" in relation to Moss situation. Quite a judgement he's making there. So, what about Favre...is he such a good person. He sents voicemails to a co-worker inviting her to his room, which in my mind is cheating on his wife right there. So he is a good person? and he probably did sent those pics too...yeah, he's a real good person, but he's still on the team.

Moss has kept his nose clean for quite awhile now (no DUI's, bad publicity, gun charges, prison time, etc. like alot of other NFL players.

If only "good people" played in the NFL, there wouldn't be many players left.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
No matter if you are right or wrong you sound like a total douche bag.
That is an insult to douche bags

Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
on the other hand you could say they were, what, 1-3 with him and he's done nothing for them.
Excuse me but, 22 reception, 313 yards, 14.2 average and 5 touch downs, and ranked 4th in the NFL, not to mention the fact that with Moss on the field far less attention is being paid to Percy Harvin (who by the way is seriously injured) can hardly be construed as "doing nothing".

As for Moss's rants, Ray Charles being both blind and dead would have ranted over the idiocy of Childress decision to runout the clock before the half instead of trying for a field goal.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times
I watched the Pats/Vikes game today that I DVR'd and Moss quit on at least one play. The play in which he drew the pass interference penalty. He could have easily caught that ball and declined the penalty. He quit on the play.

Childress AND Moss both have "issues".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football