Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Funny how Romo went from hero last week to villian this week!! Come on people..... He made some mistakes but he also was a big part of the big lead, they lost to the better team period.
I'm sorry...did you watch that game? I watched every moment of it. He blew the game entirely on his own. Go to youtube...put in "Tony Romo singlehandedly blows the game" or something like that. See how many different videos you get.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm sorry...did you watch that game? I watched every moment of it. He blew the game entirely on his own. Go to youtube...put in "Tony Romo singlehandedly blows the game" or something like that. See how many different videos you get.
I am not diputing that... I saw it. My point is: A) why was the coach calling passing plays instead of running the clock out and B) How can he be praised so much the last couple of weeks for being the next best thing since sliced bread and after one loss, he's back in the toilet.

Look, I'm a Redskins fan, I'm not defending him but come on, have a little perspective.. He doesn't make all the decisions and did throw 3 TD's. The INT's were bad but why was he throwing the ball anyway... Just my $0.02 worth!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Bill Barnwell of Grantland writes this morning you can't blame quarterback Tony Romo for the Cowboys 34-30 loss to the Detroit Lions on Sunday. Romo threw three second half interceptions that resulted in 21 points for the Lions and ...

SO this guy is either blind or stupid. I think both. You can BLAME Tony Romo and should BLAME Tony Romo for this melt down! I might give him a pass on the one INT that Robinson failed to get in front of the DB but the Carpenter INT looked like was floating up a BONE for his buddy and the last one is a simple undre thrown pass.. how can you NOT blame ROMO. 21 points off of his 3 INTS?!?!?!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am not diputing that... I saw it. My point is: A) why was the coach calling passing plays instead of running the clock out and B) How can he be praised so much the last couple of weeks for being the next best thing since sliced bread and after one loss, he's back in the toilet.!
As to B, I don't know...I haven't praised him since day one that he took the field. He had a real 'flash in the pan' feeling about him.

As to A, you have an EXCELLENT point. Why was protecting the ball with that huge a lead not a priority? Why didn't they run more?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes. Write this season off, get McGee in the game and taking more reps. At least see if he can be your new guy. With him, you can at least write off his mistakes as part of the learning curve.

When Mack Brown wouldn't pull that hoser Gilbert last year, it made me nuts. I mean, we were losing anyway! This guy was not a good fit. He was not performing. You can't tell me we had anything to lose by letting Chase McCoy take over as QB. Thank GOD he finally pulled him this year. And our team is gelling.

I don't know if the Cowboys feel like they are such a big name that they have to remain mediocre at the very least. Like they have too much pride to have a rebuilding year (like many other teams have). It just can't go on this way.

i disagree...you don't bench Romo for a McGee because the Lions game. we're 2-2 for crying out loud! 1 game out of 1st place in our division!! our two losses can be blamed on Romo, but the same can be said to our 2 wins!!

while i'm not going to defend Romo, i'm smart enough to know that he's able to get the team to the playoffs...especially with a defense firing on all cylinders.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
I ain't buying that Romo is just a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde QB. I smell some Pete Rose goings on at Valley Ranch. The Jets & Lions loss (and they seemed to deliberately throw those games) was just too obvious.

Last edited by Bulldawg82; 10-03-2011 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-03-2011, 05:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Romo is Danny White's 2nd cousin

Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i disagree...you don't bench Romo for a McGee because the Lions game. we're 2-2 for crying out loud! 1 game out of 1st place in our division!! our two losses can be blamed on Romo, but the same can be said to our 2 wins!!

while i'm not going to defend Romo, i'm smart enough to know that he's able to get the team to the playoffs...especially with a defense firing on all cylinders.
I get what you're saying, but at some point, you're going to have to realize that he's not taking you anywhere. How else is anyone going to get a chance to play and prove they're the one who should be out there?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Not sure if you realize this or not but the cowboys are 2-2. Damm you make it sound like they are 0-4. When they fall under .500 let's talk about changing the QB
I don't think you're getting it, boss. The Cowboys as a team are a quality club, and they showed that through 3 1/2 quarters of football yesterday. It's not the Cowboys that I'm questioning; it's the guy they're asking to make smart decisions with the football, and that would happen to be Romo.

Someone else said it earlier, but it's worth repeating. This is not Tony Romo in year two with a young and inexperienced supporting cast; this is Tony Romo in his sixth year at starter and with a full complement of guys who are both talented and experienced. This is also a guy who has worked with Jason Garrett extensively so he knows how the coach thinks. I won't say that Garrett is beyond criticism himself, and maybe some of the criticism needs to be tossed in his direction too, but I think that when you look at the play, the QB has to make the reads and know where the defenders are at all times, and he just did not make the necessary connections on the field. Romo is talented, but his awareness of the game in pressure situations is proving to be more than just a little suspect.

So yes, the Cowboys are 2 and 2, but what do you think happens when the Cowboys get into this situation again. With so much parity in the league now, it's hard to just come in and blow teams off the field. Probably half the games or more than half will come down to big plays in the final quarter. What do you think is going to go through the team's mind the next time they find themselves in this situation again? What do you think will go through Garrett's mind? He'll have to call plays hoping Romo doesn't goof up again in the clutch? It would be different if the Cowboys as a unit had failed: a blown coverage here. An offensive penalty on third down there. A fumble in the 4th quarter. That would be a team problem that the team would work on; this is a different situation altogether. Everyone's doing their job right -- well, everyone except for one of two guys who touches the football on every offensive play.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post

I do agree that Romo gives you the best chance at winning now. While he did stink it up yesterday, it is too early to tank the season and try someone else now. However, don't jump up and down about the defense. Championship defenses overcome these types of mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football