Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post

^^^^^It's comments like this as to why GM should never listen to fans. This guy a earlier on in this thread said Young should be starting and now he is just a capable backup. Unbelieveable!!
Well judging from his play against the Giants, and he played decent enough against the Pats....but last night he really sh*t the bed.

And yes, I don't like Vick. Both for his off the field actions as well as a football player. He's probably the most overrated player in NFL history...he's always choked in the big games, can't stay healthy, takes off running way too much, and is as dumb as a box of rocks. Given a choice between the 2, I would still take Young over Vick, but neither are a long-term solution in my opinion. I would be all for throwing both of them out on their arses, getting McNabb back, and drafting a QB with the great pick that will come from this 4-12 or 5-11 season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 11:03 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
We will get to see how good your prediction was. So you think it will be Kafka the rest of the way?

I think he will see some playing time on Dec 11th even if it's only the second half

Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Well judging from his play against the Giants, and he played decent enough against the Pats....but last night he really sh*t the bed.

And yes, I don't like Vick. Both for his off the field actions as well as a football player. He's probably the most overrated player in NFL history...he's always choked in the big games, can't stay healthy, takes off running way too much, and is as dumb as a box of rocks. Given a choice between the 2, I would still take Young over Vick, but neither are a long-term solution in my opinion. I would be all for throwing both of them out on their arses, getting McNabb back, and drafting a QB with the great pick that will come from this 4-12 or 5-11 season.
He threw 3 interceptions in that game and had a 69 QBR, how is that a good game???????????

And as far as Vick off the field, he made some poor decisions, but a) a lot of players made poor decision off the field, including Vince Young and b) that has nothing to do with how good or bad a football player he is. I can respect your opinion more if you are just talking about Vick as a football player alone but you are allowing your feelings towards him cloud your judgment. To say a player that has a 69 QBR in his first game of replacing Vick should be a starter is completely illogical! Is he a great QB, no but he's a good one. He definitely not the best QB out there but he did beat GB in GB in the playoffs, which had never been done (since 1933 when the playoffs began). Give credit where credit is due, Vick has not been the model citizen that you would like but he is much better QB than you are making him out to be.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
I was pulling for Young but not after that game. Crying has no place in football, Vince Young or Nick Saban.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I was pulling for Young but not after that game. Crying has no place in football, Vince Young or Nick Saban.
uh-oh... did i miss that? VY cried after a game? as a Cowboys fan i have to see this...

Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
uh-oh... did i miss that? VY cried after a game? as a Cowboys fan i have to see this...
I dont remember him crying, but after the game sealing interception he threw, he probably should have been crying:

"Now, I'll never start in this league again!"

Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Fickle fans!! I said it before, if you think this team is going to play better with VY then you can't watch this team. This team has serious issues on and off the field and that was evident last night. I seriously doubt most of these fans even watch the games.

^^^^^It's comments like this as to why GM should never listen to fans. This guy a earlier on in this thread said Young should be starting and now he is just a capable backup. Unbelieveable!!

Well, at least we haven't gotten the "VY wills his team to wins!" shiite. That's almost as bad as Longhornfanbois calling local radio shows here claiming that picking up VY would bring the Texans more fans.

I will trust Jeff Fisher's judgement and believe that VY had a skimpy playbook because he didn't know how to read a defense, anyway....so, why bother?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:45 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post

Well, at least we haven't gotten the "VY wills his team to wins!" shiite. That's almost as bad as Longhornfanbois calling local radio shows here claiming that picking up VY would bring the Texans more fans.

I will trust Jeff Fisher's judgement and believe that VY had a skimpy playbook because he didn't know how to read a defense, anyway....so, why bother?
I have a friend who is a Longhorn fan who believes this exact sentiment. A matter of fact, he couldnt understand why no team was opening up their wallets to sign him after the lockout...

Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
if they fall to 4-8 it wouldn't be a need for Vick or Young to play again since they will be clearly out of the playoffs
I guess the Eagles forgot to check with you. Vick is starting today.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I guess the Eagles forgot to check with you. Vick is starting today.
Why is he playing and McCoy is not? I guess they feel McCoy is more important to the team.

I would be shocked if Vick is playing in the 2nd half. Defintely don't see him playing in the 4th qtr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football