Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
How are the jets any different than Dallas? You had me till you said Atl,Carolina, and Lions. none of them have done anything. At least the Jets have been to two AFC Champion games in the last couple years.
Atlanta was 13-3 a couple of years ago. The Lions made the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years last year, Carolina is an improving young team with pro bowl caliber players at quarterback, running back, tight end, and linebacker.

There are more teams on the rise in the NFC than AFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Atlanta was 13-3 a couple of years ago. The Lions made the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years last year, Carolina is an improving young team with pro bowl caliber players at quarterback, running back, tight end, and linebacker.

There are more teams on the rise in the NFC than AFC.
Based on what they did last year? The NFC south has had more worst to first teams in recent history than any division. I agree the NFC has more good teams, but they need to be consistent teams not one year wonders. How long ago was Detriot 0-16 ?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 PM

297 posts, read 401,538 times
Panthers really? LOL.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Hmmm, interesting comments, everyone anxious for football????? I agree the NFC is coming on strong and I'm "slightly" biased when I say the NFC North is the division to beat! Great teams with the exception of Vikes still building, I think!

Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 AM

570 posts, read 581,137 times
Bears are poised for a great season...They will be a high scoring team...what cb's will be able to cover marshall, jefferies, hester,forte, etc...
they may just win the division...and host the championship game....
super bears super bowl...

Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
I agree with susancruzs about the NFC North. The old "black and blue" division is the best in the NFC, most likely the league. It's not a stretch to think both wild cards will come out of this division come playoff time.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:57 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I agree with susancruzs about the NFC North. The old "black and blue" division is the best in the NFC, most likely the league. It's not a stretch to think both wild cards will come out of this division come playoff time.

I respectfully disagree... I think the NFC East will prove to be the best division in the NFC and in the league.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:47 PM

570 posts, read 581,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I respectfully disagree... I think the NFC East will prove to be the best division in the NFC and in the league.
I agree with sue, not just because Iam a bears fan...facts...
green bay...great team
chicago...a much better team then last year,and almost made the playoffs..for real
detroit...for real...
minn...always a slight threat..will not make playoffs...rebuilding

giants..great team
cowboys...a pretender
eagles....a pretender
skins...rebuilding

Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
I'm thinking the AFC North could be the toughest division.

Steelers - great team
Ravens - great team
Cincy - up and coming
Browns - suck

It is very possible there will be three teams coming out of this division.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:54 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
The reason I went with the North is the total games won in the division last year. But IMO the NFC East is right behind. Washington is NOT going to be 5-11 this year like they were last year. It will be interesting to see the development of Robert Griffin. Minnesota in the NFC North on the other hand has a ways to go.

Regarding the Bears, what has really killed them is one wrist (Jay Cutler) and one thumb (Brian Urlacher.) Their best players have to stay healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football