Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Today's winning teams
Giants 2 66.67%
Jets 0 0%
Eagles 0 0%
Lions 0 0%
Cowboys 0 0%
Patriots 0 0%
Raiders 0 0%
Redskins 0 0%
Bills 0 0%
Packers 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:03 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
AH! that explains a lot.

Silly to pick teams based on politics tho. Most teams play in major cities that differ wildly from their state in terms of political make up.

It feels odd talking about politics here. I don't think this thread belongs here.

Don't think this thread belongs anywhere to be honest. Unless I am missing more.
I'll keep it open as a courtesy to the OP. I do agree w/ ya regarding the logistics of it all. I'll do a comparative list of the team threads and the post count either tonight or tomorrow morning. Not right now though, Domino's is banging on my door wanting moolah!

Pizza-YESSS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Just for explanation to the regs here in the Sports forum - the Politics forum can get a bit nasty at times - and I think that the OP was just trying to begin a thread that would be a diversion from the typical name calling, petty fighting, and negativity that threads in P/OC often devolve into. We had a thread begun last week called the "Play Nice Thread". It too was meant to bring a more positive topic to the forum. This was also meant for the same purpose I think.

You have to forgive us political junkies - we tend to see political implications in everything. I like to come over here to Sports just to get away from P/OC on occasion. Even though fans of different teams are just as passionate about those who they support as we are about candidates and issues - the tone is much calmer and seemingly less divisive.

There is a quote by Chief Justice Earl Warren, he said - "I always turn to the sports section first. The sports section records people's accomplishments; the front page nothing but man's failures".

Old 10-14-2012, 06:12 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I've read a few things over in the Politics forum, too tough for me, I'm thin skinned and would never survive even for one post probably!

Living in Wisconsin, I definitely want to keep politics out of my football.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
This thread makes me feel dumb... because I do not understand it. at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football