Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's a shame some eagles fans never appreciated him. I wish him the best of luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I did - still do.

He has had a rough year with the football and the personal issues. Hopefully he will take a year off and recharge.
He was a good coach, but since '04 they haven't been as good as they were before that, plus he has had some really bad drafts. Lurie should of fired him last year, they actually wasted a year.

He'll get a job but people thinking he is wanted by every team seeking a coach are dead wrong, he isn't. He's terrible with the media and his press conferences are awful.

I wish him all the best, but he should of been fired years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
I'm a bit surprised at the firing of Pat Shumur. I thought he had something going on in Cleveland and needed another season to put it together.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Chargers announce Norv Turner, A.J. Smith have been fired

-------------------------------------

Cardinals fire Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves

Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Arizona Cardinals General Manager Rod Graves and head coach Ken Whisenhunt have been fired. I get the GM being fired but not Whisenhunt... He took one of the worst teams in the NFL to the Superbowl just a few years ago, why would they fire him? He just did not have a QB this year.... Be careful what you wish for Cardinal, Bear and Eagle fans!

Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I'm a bit surprised at the firing of Pat Shumur. I thought he had something going on in Cleveland and needed another season to put it together.
As am I. Cleveland has the same disease the Jets have had recently though. They're looking for instant solutions rather than spending the time developing a football team with a good foundation.

Then again, there's not much available in the way of QBs for Cleveland right now, except for a slightly used Mark Sanchez. Tebow's probably going to end up in Jacksonville, but I could see Tim working in Cleveland's scheme.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Arizona Cardinals General Manager Rod Graves and head coach Ken Whisenhunt have been fired. I get the GM being fired but not Whisenhunt... He took one of the worst teams in the NFL to the Superbowl just a few years ago, why would they fire him? He just did not have a QB this year.... Be careful what you wish for Cardinal, Bear and Eagle fans!
I think he's a good coach, but I also think he bit off more than he could chew and got a little out of focus .... it seems like he divided the locker room pretty well, but even with that the team was still competing

I think it came down to their GM really not being their GM - he's more of a contracts guy - in Whisenhunts last contract he negotiated into it the final say over player moves and coaching moves .... the first one to go today was their "GM"

I imagine the conversation came down to - "we're promoting/bringing in a GM and want him to have final say - we also want you to fire your OC and OL coach as we're not happy at all with how that's developed" ....... Whisenhunt said no and the cards said bye

Old 12-31-2012, 01:21 PM

Raiders fire OC, 3 other assistants

The Oakland Raiders have fired offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and three other assistants a day after finishing their 10th straight season without a playoff berth.

Coach Dennis Allen announced Monday that special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, offensive line coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland also have been fired.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
10-6 and fired....wow chicago. I know they had a poor second half of the season but sheesh. Nfc north is the toughest division in football...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:48 PM

Black Monday apparently not limited to coaches.

Harbaugh: Brandon Jacobs to be released Monday, kickers brought in for tryouts

Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Now I get to sit back and watch the Spanos try to screw it up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football