Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Another week is in the books! These week we saw 2 of the 7 undefeated teams fall, leaving the Seahawks and Saints in the NFC and the Patriots, Chiefs, and Broncos in the AFC. Meanwhile, the Jags, Bucs, Steelers, and Giants still remain "defeated."

This week we have 14 games with the Vikings, Steelers, Bucs, and Redskins sitting out.

The week 5 slate:

Browns vs Bills

Bears vs Saints

Bengals vs Patriots

Packers vs Lions

Titans vs Chiefs

Colts vs Seahawks

Rams vs Jaguars

Dolphins vs Ravens

Giants vs Eagles

Cardinals vs Panthers

Cowboys vs Broncos

49ers vs Texans

Raiders vs Chargers

Falcons vs Jets

The Chargers and Raiders are playing in the Sunday Night slot alongside the 49ers and Texans to avoid conflict with the MLB playoffs.

Browns vs Bills (Browns are due for another win. I see it happening here)

Bears vs Saints (This should be a really good game, but I see Saints offense being too much for the Bears)

Bengals vs Patriots (Bengals are on the way up. Patriots is off and on. I think Bengals will find their consistency at the expense of the Pats)

Packers vs Lions (Should be a good game, but I think the Packers are a better team overall)

Titans vs Chiefs (Should be a low scoring and close game, but I see KC taking this)

Colts vs Seahawks (Colts are a little too off and on for my taste. Seahawks seem more consistent.)

Rams vs Jaguars (Jaguars can't beat anyone. They will always find a way to lose)

Dolphins vs Ravens (I think this is the beginning of the Dolphin's slump)

Giants vs Eagles (I see the Eagles doing what it takes to win. I think the Giants are at full slump)

Cardinals vs Panthers (Panthers offense is going to be too much for the Cardinals)

Cowboys vs Broncos (Broncos won't lose. This team is looking damn near unstoppable at this point)

49ers vs Texans (This is going to be tough. But I think if the 49ers play it simple, they can put a win together here. I expect a repeated of the Texan's vs Seattle game here as well).

Raiders vs Chargers (This is harder than people think. Chargers suck this year, but I think due to the rivalry and the curse, the Chargers will still take it)

Falcons vs Jets (Falcons will do what the need to do and get their act together)

Last week: 0-0
Season: 0-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:51 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
I have the Browns in tonight's game. With Hoyer out I may be starting the week 0-1 again. Hope he is okay. Defense had better step up. The Browns were on the brink before tonight. They still can be, but the defense may have to bail out Weeden and the offense.

Bills 7, Browns 0 right now.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
That game was entertaining. Very exciting. I hate to see both teams lose their starting QBs, and I hope Manual and Hoyer are not seriously injured. Browns added points on defense and special teams, and that made the difference.

Hopefully this is the start of a good week for me. 1-0 so far.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That game was entertaining. Very exciting. I hate to see both teams lose their starting QBs, and I hope Manual and Hoyer are not seriously injured. Browns added points on defense and special teams, and that made the difference.

Hopefully this is the start of a good week for me. 1-0 so far.

Rumor has it Hoyer may have a torn ACL. Bummer.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:24 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
maybe you picks will rub off, i went 9-6 last week..

We've got 1!

Old 10-04-2013, 09:33 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Browns vs Bills

Bears vs Saints

Bengals vs Patriots

Packers vs Lions

Titans vs Chiefs

Colts vs Seahawks

Rams vs Jaguars

Dolphins vs Ravens

Giants vs Eagles

Cardinals vs Panthers

Cowboys vs Broncos

49ers vs Texans

Raiders vs Chargers

Falcons vs Jets As much as it pains me a Saints fan to say the Dirty Birds will win, don't think the Jets will pull it off hoping I'm wrong

Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
This week we have 14 games with the Vikings, Steelers, Bucs, and Redskins sitting out.

The week 5 slate:

Browns vs Bills

Bears vs Saints

Bengals vs Patriots

Packers vs Lions

Titans vs Chiefs

Colts vs Seahawks

Rams vs Jaguars

Dolphins vs Ravens

Giants vs Eagles

Cardinals vs Panthers

Cowboys vs Broncos

49ers vs Texans

Raiders vs Chargers

Falcons vs Jets

The Chargers and Raiders are playing in the Sunday Night slot alongside the 49ers and Texans to avoid conflict with the MLB playoffs.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Okay, I'll bite....

Bears vs Saints

Saints win. No one is talking about the Saints who to me look as good as they were a few years ago. They lit up the Dolphins "D" for 38 points and I don't think the Bears are as young or athletic as the Dolphins. I don't think the Bears can keep up in an offensive shootout either.

Bengals vs Patriots
Patriots win. This game looked better than it is a couple weeks ago but it seems the Bengal aren't quite there yet.

Packers vs Lions
Lions win. Detroit is believing in themselves again and the Packers seem like they're
getting a bit old (like the Steelers and Giants) and running on reputation versus current skill level.

Titans vs Chiefs
Chiefs win. Another game that had great potential until Titan QB Jake Locker went down with an injury. I don't Ryan Fitzpatrick has the skill set to pull it off though the Titans "D" could keep this close if they're not on the field all day.

Colts vs Seahawks
Seahawks win. They're seemingly unbeatable at home and still unbelievably not getting a lot of respect yet. This could be a statement game for them.

Rams vs Jaguars
Rams win. Though Jags could be competitive (or even win this thing) with both Blackmon and Shorts finally playing at wideout, and possibly giving Gabbert some weapons beyond the one dimensional running game.

Dolphins vs Ravens
Ravens win. I think the Ravens are out for some redemption after some ugly games but it's hard to say, are they on the same wavelength as the Giants and Steelers now?

Giants vs Eagles
Eagles win. Could be an ugly game in terms of physicality from two very frustrated teams.

Cardinals vs Panthers
Panthers win. Last week might have been the lynchpin win the Panthers have been looking for. If they can do it again as convincingly, things are definitely looking up for them.

Cowboys vs Broncos
Broncos win. Something tells me the Broncos are really up for this one and I don't think the Cowboys "D" has the ability to get to Manning who'll be in the shotgun formation most of the game no doubt. I think the key is the Broncos RBs out of the backfield, if they can get some early quality receptions it's going to be a long day for Dallas.

49ers vs Texans
Texans win. Two teams that are desperate for a big win but have to give home field to Houston, it should be close.

Raiders vs Chargers
Chargers win. San Diego is playing with confidence, especially Philip Rivers.

Falcons vs Jets
Falcons win. Too much talent for the Jets to overcome, despite Falcons lack of overall success on the road.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Okay, I'll bite....
Why did you bold some of the teams you are picking to lose?

Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Packers old? One of youngest teams in the NFL, 2 players 33, a few 30, mostly mid-20s or younger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football