Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 AM

15 posts, read 23,041 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have been watching the NFL since 2007 and I am still a neutral. The biggest issue for me picking a team is that I live in the UK and have no local team.

I was 11 (17 now) when I first watched NFL and I cheered for the Giants because they won the Super Bowl in 07. I also have always wanted to live in NYC. Another reason was because they were the only team I had heard of prior to watching the NFL.

Now I have been watching a few year, I understand the rules, know the players (well a few, not every one) and I know all the teams. I know I hate the following teams:

Hate these teams
Oakland Raiders: Because of the prevalence of the hooligan fans and their stadium is awful.

Philly Eagles: I hate Vick, mainly because of his dog fighting.

Any Florida team: I don't know why, but I just don't feel that Florida is my kind of state and I am looking for a team in a city/state that is in the midwest, deep south, or Northeast. No Southeastern teams. ALSO. JAX SUCKSSS!!!

San Diego Chargers: I don't really like SoCal, however, wouldn't mind going on holiday there.

New Orleans Saints: Although I claimed to be a fan of them when they won the Super Bowl back in 09 (during my gloryhunting days) I have never really been enticed by NO nor do i like their stadium.

Arizona: Hate the heat

Detroit: Have heard it's not a very nice place, plus I've never took to the team

I was wondering what team I should follow?

My criteria is:

- Never won the SB before
- Not likely to this year
- Likely to within the next 5yrs
- Good, young team
- Not a running team
- Fast, exciting WRs
- Nice location/stadium
- Good fans (no violent fans, no fans that boo their team, no `arrogant' fans)

Last year I started following the Ravens for the abstract reason that everytime I thought of a team to support they came to mind. They went on to win the SB , so maybe I can predict the SB winners () This year I keep gravitating towards the 49ers so maybe they'll win.

I want to be able to say I am a fan of a team without appearing a glory hunter/bandwagoner, hence the decision to not follow Baltimore

So far, I like the following 5,

Seahawks
Texans
Falcons
Browns
Vikings

What would you advise?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTee View Post
Hello,

I have been watching the NFL since 2007 and I am still a neutral. The biggest issue for me picking a team is that I live in the UK and have no local team.

I was 11 (17 now) when I first watched NFL and I cheered for the Giants because they won the Super Bowl in 07. I also have always wanted to live in NYC. Another reason was because they were the only team I had heard of prior to watching the NFL.

Now I have been watching a few year, I understand the rules, know the players (well a few, not every one) and I know all the teams. I know I hate the following teams:

Hate these teams
Oakland Raiders: Because of the prevalence of the hooligan fans and their stadium is awful.

Philly Eagles: I hate Vick, mainly because of his dog fighting.

Any Florida team: I don't know why, but I just don't feel that Florida is my kind of state and I am looking for a team in a city/state that is in the midwest, deep south, or Northeast. No Southeastern teams. ALSO. JAX SUCKSSS!!!

San Diego Chargers: I don't really like SoCal, however, wouldn't mind going on holiday there.

New Orleans Saints: Although I claimed to be a fan of them when they won the Super Bowl back in 09 (during my gloryhunting days) I have never really been enticed by NO nor do i like their stadium.

Arizona: Hate the heat

Detroit: Have heard it's not a very nice place, plus I've never took to the team

I was wondering what team I should follow?

My criteria is:

- Never won the SB before
- Not likely to this year
- Likely to within the next 5yrs
- Good, young team
- Not a running team
- Fast, exciting WRs
- Nice location/stadium
- Good fans (no violent fans, no fans that boo their team, no `arrogant' fans)

Last year I started following the Ravens for the abstract reason that everytime I thought of a team to support they came to mind. They went on to win the SB , so maybe I can predict the SB winners () This year I keep gravitating towards the 49ers so maybe they'll win.

I want to be able to say I am a fan of a team without appearing a glory hunter/bandwagoner, hence the decision to not follow Baltimore

So far, I like the following 5,

Seahawks
Texans
Falcons
Browns
Vikings

What would you advise?

Thanks
I'd say go with the Browns.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'd say go with the Browns.
Why the Browns in particular? Convince me

I did enjoy the game v Bills the other night

Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Atlanta fits all your criteria.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 PM

526 posts, read 899,062 times
Seahawk coach is so much fun to watch! he gets excited like a little kid & isn't one of those scowling coaches. Plus, you get to wear a 12 man t-shirt every Friday & Sunday!

Old 10-06-2013, 12:24 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
Default Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTee View Post
Why the Browns in particular? Convince me

I did enjoy the game v Bills the other night
Because:
- Ohio is a great state.
- they are the loveable losers
- the Browns have never been to SB and the city has no winners in decades
- you sound like a fudge packer

Old 10-06-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Because:
- Ohio is a great state.
- they are the loveable losers
- the Browns have never been to SB and the city has no winners in decades
- you sound like a fudge packer
But isn't Cleveland a hole...?

+

You're telling me these guys: frequent Turkish bath houses?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidas View Post
Seahawk coach is so much fun to watch! he gets excited like a little kid & isn't one of those scowling coaches. Plus, you get to wear a 12 man t-shirt every Friday & Sunday!
And Frasier is my all-time favourite TV show... Hmmm... Seattle looks a pretty good place to visit too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Atlanta fits all your criteria.
Yeah, but their stadium is pretty crap

Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
You live in the UK ... wtf do you care what the stadium looks like?
The Niners will have a brand-new stadium next year if clean bathrooms are among your criteria.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You live in the UK ... wtf do you care what the stadium looks like?
The Niners will have a brand-new stadium next year if clean bathrooms are among your criteria.
If I go to a game I don't want to be travelling all that way to go to an awful stadium...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football