Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 03:42 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times

Advertisements

So we got treated to the number #1 Offense vs the number #2 defense this Sunday. Long story short the Top defense completely owned. I have been saying for months we Texans fans are too obessed with A QB when we clearly need to fix the leaks in are other areas as well. I still belive that a team can go to the superbowl with a decent QB but without a great defense they are not going to win. Dispite not winning manning actually completed the majority of his passes, but the Hawks defense was able to shut them down time after time, they were able to disrupt plays, make manning throw before he was ready and a hundred other things. Yes you need a Great QB to make plays happen but you also need a great recivers and great defense to force turn overs. So did this game change your mind on what the Texans should focus the most on ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 AM

568 posts, read 901,601 times
Clowney should be our first pick. Drafting a QB with the first pick is too risky.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:53 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
The top offense got them to the Superbowl

Old 02-03-2014, 06:59 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Another lesson learned last night: Russell Wilson 5'11" 206lbs is not too small to win in the NFL.

Johnny Manziel 6'1" 210 lbs is bigger than Wilson.

Mario Williams 6'6" 292lbs first overall pick 2006, did nothing to make the Texans defense dominate.

A lot of Seattle's defense was acquired through free agency and trades.

My point, pick a QB.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Nope. Always thought the Texans should draft Manziel. He won't last out of the top three.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 AM

430 posts, read 1,256,930 times
Another vote for drafting Manziel, even though I've heard all the reasons we shouldn't.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:41 AM

See everytime I look at Manziel something inside me screams bust, and we will regret it.. Sadly I have a nasty habit of being right about such things, which is why my friends no longer bet me..My insticts tells me if we go with him .. a season out from this one everyone will be talking about what a waste of a pick

Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
See everytime I look at Manziel something inside me screams bust, and we will regret it.. Sadly I have a nasty habit of being right about such things, which is why my friends no longer bet me..My insticts tells me if we go with him .. a season out from this one everyone will be talking about what a waste of a pick
Great teams don't need the #1 pick to build Championship teams. Most truly great teams are built through trades , free agency and later round gems that are not obvious to the know-it-all media pundits . Manziel is a risk , but so is Bridgewater, Bortles or anybody else mentioned. We do need to look at him in the NFL Combine to make sure there are no hidden glitches in his game, but I find it hard to believe that McNair is going to pass on the obvious marketing and PR value of Manziel. I mean the Texans literally dove straight to the bottom to get the chance to draft this guy.

Remember the fan appeal Kenuum had, Manziel will have many times that effect on the Texans fan base.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 AM

568 posts, read 901,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Great teams don't need the #1 pick to build Championship teams. Most truly great teams are built through trades , free agency and later round gems that are not obvious to the know-it-all media pundits . Manziel is a risk , but so is Bridgewater, Bortles or anybody else mentioned. We do need to look at him in the NFL Combine to make sure there are no hidden glitches in his game, but I find it hard to believe that McNair is going to pass on the obvious marketing and PR value of Manziel. I mean the Texans literally dove straight to the bottom to get the chance to draft this guy.

Remember the fan appeal Kenuum had, Manziel will have many times that effect on the Texans fan base.
Vince Young was even more marketable for the Texans and they didn't draft him. It seems he has no problem making the unpopular pick. I don't think Manziel has as many deficiencies though. I wouldn't make assumptions about who we tanked for either. Also fan appeal won't last if he does not perform.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post

And look where that ended up( to be fair I think kennum got screwed on a number of levels)
Facts
*A rookie expected to come in a save a season that by that point we were pretty much out of the play off pic
* He was forced to use plays clearly designed for matt style
* Kubaik obession with matt( he would let matt continue to play no matter how awe he was thu the entire game) Kenumm struggles for one quater and would get benched

My personal Opionion
* Kubaik never wanted case on the feild the front office forced him
* The old guard defenders were matt loayaist(think about how much better their defending the Qb became everytime Case got set down and matt came in .. no one finds that strange ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football