Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 05:30 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times

Advertisements

The 49ers should have learned a hard lesson from last weeks game. I could not believe that today was pretty much a repeat of performances.

They need to figure it out quickly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 05:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
The 49ers should have learned a hard lesson from last weeks game. I could not believe that today was pretty much a repeat of performances.

They need to figure it out quickly!
They certainly do. They are supposed to have so many weapons, yet they look pretty anemic and make the same mistakes over and over again. It's difficult to watch to say the least.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Harbaugh isn't that great.

I would take Arians over him any day. The dude just helped Drew Stanton beat Harbaugh and his $100 million quarterback.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:13 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
I'm not going to hide from this after a loss....yesterday's result does not change the big picture philosophy about his body of work.

Since you guys are critiquing him game to game, the nice thing about the niners schedule is that its not terrible from here on in....yes, they play the seahawks, cardinals, & broncos still, however its not terrible besides that..

I would be shocked if the Niners are not near the top again in the NFC later this year...

Old 09-25-2014, 05:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
They went to the Super Bowl and last year they ran into the a tough Seattle team who demolished the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Maybe we can say this if in a few years he has not reached another Super Bowl but right now he is doing great.
Harbaugh will be coaching in Michigan next year and college teams don't play in the SB..!

Old 09-29-2014, 11:33 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
After watching him on the sports channel answer questions and offer his take on things I recalled thinking how uninspired the players must feel to be coached by him. I felt unmotivated just listening to him ramble on.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:33 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
After watching him on the sports channel answer questions and offer his take on things I recalled thinking how uninspired the players must feel to be coached by him. I felt unmotivated just listening to him ramble on.
If the players are unmotivated by 3 straight NFC championship games and a Super Bowl appearance, I wouldn't want to be the coach of said players.

It will be fun to watch the Niners crumble again if/when Harbaugh departs.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:02 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I'm not going to hide from this after a loss....yesterday's result does not change the big picture philosophy about his body of work.

Since you guys are critiquing him game to game, the nice thing about the niners schedule is that its not terrible from here on in....yes, they play the seahawks, cardinals, & broncos still, however its not terrible besides that..

I would be shocked if the Niners are not near the top again in the NFC later this year...
I too would be shocked, given all talent. Harbaugh is a good coach, as evidenced by his success thus far, but his limitations are becoming more evident, and perhaps this team has peaked. I have to fault Harbaugh for not lighting a fire under arse of Greg Roman, the offensive coordinator. Roman is weak, too damn conservative with his play, and it makes me sick to watch. It's frustrating to watch him call Gore up the middle for two yards on first down, then Gore again up the middle for a yard on second down, then Gore again for third down...at a critical point in the game. To keep trying to kit Crabtree over and over when it's obvious he is being shut down. It makes me sick. Why hasn't Harbaugh slammed the living hell out of his OC for stagnating the offense with his overly conservative play-calling?

I have identified what I think are Harbaugh's limitations and the great thing is that I can verify whether or not I'm right by watching the season unfold. Interesting stuff.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
If the players are unmotivated by 3 straight NFC championship games and a Super Bowl appearance, I wouldn't want to be the coach of said players.

It will be fun to watch the Niners crumble again if/when Harbaugh departs.
I don't think the team is unmotivated by all the past you just mentioned...but after listening to Harbaugh last night I certainly would hate to be coached by him. Maybe Harbaugh has lost his mojo. Something was very disturbing about him last night as he jabbered on and on. I could not stand to listen to him for more than 10 minutes.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:38 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I too would be shocked, given all talent. Harbaugh is a good coach, as evidenced by his success thus far, but his limitations are becoming more evident, and perhaps this team has peaked. I have to fault Harbaugh for not lighting a fire under arse of Greg Roman, the offensive coordinator. Roman is weak, too damn conservative with his play, and it makes me sick to watch. It's frustrating to watch him call Gore up the middle for two yards on first down, then Gore again up the middle for a yard on second down, then Gore again for third down...at a critical point in the game. To keep trying to kit Crabtree over and over when it's obvious he is being shut down. It makes me sick. Why hasn't Harbaugh slammed the living hell out of his OC for stagnating the offense with his overly conservative play-calling?

I have identified what I think are Harbaugh's limitations and the great thing is that I can verify whether or not I'm right by watching the season unfold. Interesting stuff.
He is more than a 'good' coach, and until you acknowledge that, there is no discussion.

They went back to basics and dropped more of Mr. Gore on the eagles and less Carlos Hyde. Smart game planning.

That was a huge win against an undefeated team. Slow starts will make people start to point fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football