Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 12:11 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times

Advertisements

If one of the NFC South Teams makes it to Superbowl it wouldn't surprise me if they made it entertaining.

I remember a few years ago, the Cardinals were were I believe 9-7. According to the media, going into the playoffs they were one of "The Worst Playoffs Teams ever", when they made it to the Superbowl they were supposedly going to be one of "The Worst Superbowl Teams ever". The game was pretty good.They were just a few minutes from winning it. It wouldn't surprise me something like that happened again this year.

I believe the Chargers or Bengals will make the game, but I can't see them being able to compete with anyone in the NFC. Anything involving those two will be pretty dull to me.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
If one of the NFC South Teams makes it to Superbowl it wouldn't surprise me if they made it entertaining.

I remember a few years ago, the Cardinals were were I believe 9-7. According to the media, going into the playoffs they were one of "The Worst Playoffs Teams ever", when they made it to the Superbowl they were supposedly going to be one of "The Worst Superbowl Teams ever".

Yet the game was pretty good.They were just a few minutes from winning it.

I believe the Chargers or Bengals will make it but I can't see them being able to compete with anyone in the NFC.
I always love hearing stuff like this. I'd rather be a fan of "the worst Super Bowl Team ever" than a fan of the "best non-Super Bowl team ever."

Old 12-26-2014, 12:27 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The fact is last years game wasn't boring if you were rooting for Seattle. But if you were sitting on the sidelines after your team flopped...yeah I guess it was boring just as you will be bored this year no matter who is playing.

I like the thought of a Tampa Bay/Oakland SB. Two very evenly matched teams with little offense and no defense.

Now to the most likely game....One: Who ever goes in the NFC title game will have to go though Seattle....Two: The AFC will be a scramble but most likely be New England and Denver.

If Seattle repeat and plays New England it will not be a boring game, if Seattle plays Denver you may want to watch cage wrestling or something because it may be a repeat of last year's game.
I am not a fan of either team and was looking forward to a good game, but it got out of hand pretty quickly which MADE the game boring IMO....

Old 12-26-2014, 03:19 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I am not a fan of either team and was looking forward to a good game, but it got out of hand pretty quickly which MADE the game boring IMO....
It didn't for me and the rest of Seahawk fans...it was a fabulous game. The only thing that could have been better was Seattle scoring 60 points and seeing a 38 year old Manning being humiliated to a point of having to retire in shame with only one Superbowl ring on his finger.

All the awards he has over 17 years and he has only won one Superbowl ring is not what I would call a great accomplishment.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:58 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
A great career isn't about super bowl rings, not hardly and humiliation, please, not exactly a sign of sportsmanship or being a class act.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
A great career isn't about super bowl rings, not hardly and humiliation, please, not exactly a sign of sportsmanship or being a class act.

Exactly! Who had a better career: Dan Marino or Trent Dilfer??

Old 12-27-2014, 05:48 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
No doubt there, Marino an awesome QB! Peyton Manning will go down as one of the best ever to play the game and I could care less how many rings he has! If he plays again next year, bravo for him, don't care he is 38 either!

Old 12-27-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
It didn't for me and the rest of Seahawk fans...it was a fabulous game. The only thing that could have been better was Seattle scoring 60 points and seeing a 38 year old Manning being humiliated to a point of having to retire in shame with only one Superbowl ring on his finger.

All the awards he has over 17 years and he has only won one Superbowl ring is not what I would call a great accomplishment.
Gosh...I wonder what's missing in your life.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:40 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,043 times
Not sure why everyone loves to hate Manning. It's not his fault his receivers couldn't get open, his team's defense was no good, or the center couldn't snap the ball to him. Yeah I rooted against him in the SB vs. the Saints because the Colts knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs, but I don't think he's done anything to deserve such dislike other than win a bunch of MVPs and break some records.

To answer the question: Lions vs. Bengals.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:08 AM

I was just thinking the other day how a Vikings-Bills Super Bowl would be worthwhile. For obvious reasons. It's not going to happen this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.