Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 06:21 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times

Advertisements

As "easy" as it is to predict, I gotta believe 1 underdog will win one of these games, so my upset will be the Bengals..

Panthers
Bengals
Steelers
Cowboys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 06:38 AM

218 posts, read 244,664 times
Cardinals @ Panthers
Lions @ Cowboys
Bengals @ Colts
Ravens @ Steelers

Old 01-03-2015, 09:05 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Okay, here are my final picks for this weekend:

Carolina 21 Arizona 9. Here's the biggest stat that stands out at me, and the one that should stand out for everyone calling this game: Arizona hasn't scored more than 20 points since November 9th. They're starting a horrible QB. I don't care if Chip Kelly volunteers to be their offensive coordinator; if it weren't for their defense, they'd have a losing record. They're just not a good team right now. Carolina's been beating up on NFC South teams and Cleveland, so it's not like they're that much better. But they're at least showing glimpses of being a pretty competitive team.

Pittsburgh 19 Baltimore 16. This is a hard game to call. Pittsburgh would probably be an easy call to win were it not for the injury to Bell, but his absence, while not the end of the world, makes things more interesting. I don't think Bell's injury suddenly makes them a bad team, but I do expect a moderate drop in production. Also, look over the past month and you'll notice a somewhat noticeable offensive production decline for the Steelers. Even with Bell, they're not quite putting up 30 and 40 points anymore. The Ravens have already seen this offense twice, so they pretty much know what to expect. The problem for the Ravens is the same one that the Cardinals have. Their offense is just not clicking, and I don't expect them to have more success now. I think this will come down to field position and field goals. I've got the Steelers in a squeaker. A fumble or a shanked kick, though, could make this a winnable game for the Ravens if the Steelers aren't careful.

Indianapolis 27 Cincinnati 23. The Colts rolled at home in their first encounter but this will be a tougher game. The Bengals usually learn from their mistakes if they've seen someone before. They're a smarter team all around than they were last year and in previous seasons. In the end, however, I think it will be up to Andy Dalton to get the monkey off his back in the 4th quarter, and I just don't see it happening. I think he puts too much pressure on himself and makes huge errors in key situations a la Tony Romo. I predict this one ending on a key Cincinnati turnover (or two) late. I see Andrew Luck overcoming a surprisingly rough start to lead a turnaround in the 2nd half.

Dallas 31 Detroit 17. I don't like making the point spread so great, but when I look at the trends, this is what I come up with. Dallas has been repeatedly scoring points by spreading the ball around the field and giving the ball to Murray. The Cowboys have very good balance on offense, and despite the Lions obvious talent on their defensive front end, they have not performed well against balance offenses such as Green Bay and New England. If they had seen Dallas before, I might give them a shot, but it's their first time to see Romo, Murray, and the kind of weaponry that Dallas has, and they're really good on a fast track. I think the only way Detroit wins this is if Suh delivers a late hit to Romo and knocks him out of the game. And even then, there could be worse backups than Weeden. Another alarming trend for Detroit is that they just haven't been scoring much lately. Actually, their 20 point output last week was probably their best offensive game in a while, and that only came off a meaningless touchdown late. The Cowboys are not the best defensive team in the league, but they're a solid group that gave Andrew Luck all kinds of problems. I've got the Boys big at home.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:14 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
The wild card round 15 years ago:

Adam Schefter still not buying Music City Miracle.

Still not buying Music City Miracle -- Adam Schefter's Blitz - ESPN

Bills had the leagues #1 defense that year in terms of yards I believe. I still remember ol' shoeless Rob Johnson completing that pass late in the game to set up what surely was the game winning field goal.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:32 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I think Steelers/Ravens and Lions/Cowboys could be the most intense. All 4 are important but those 2 seem like they could get to be chippie quick! Lions are hard to figure as Stafford isn't the QB he seemed to be the last 2 years. The fact he hasn't won against teams with winning records is a very strange stat.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

Bills had the leagues #1 defense that year in terms of yards I believe. I still remember ol' shoeless Rob Johnson completing that pass late in the game to set up what surely was the game winning field goal.
I always thought Rob Johnson got a bad rap.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:00 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I always thought Rob Johnson got a bad rap.
He wasn't terrible in that game considering the Titans had a good defense of their own that year. But overall he just didn't have what it takes mentally to play the position. And it was just flat out wrong to bench Flutie like they did in favor of Johnson when Flutie had led the team to the playoffs for the second straight year.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:

I was not even a Bills fan and after that game ended I was upset for 3 hours lol. So I can imagine how a Bills Fan felt because It was no way they should have lost that game. I remember betting $100 on that game and was on the porch during the so-called Miracle and ran in the house like........"what happened?"

OMG

Old 01-03-2015, 01:23 PM
FBJ

Quote:
He wasn't terrible in that game considering the Titans had a good defense of their own that year. But overall he just didn't have what it takes mentally to play the position. And it was just flat out wrong to bench Flutie like they did in favor of Johnson when Flutie had led the team to the playoffs for the second straight year.
Didn't they put Rob Johnson in because he had won the last regular season game?

Old 01-03-2015, 01:25 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I think Steelers/Ravens and Lions/Cowboys could be the most intense. All 4 are important but those 2 seem like they could get to be chippie quick! Lions are hard to figure as Stafford isn't the QB he seemed to be the last 2 years. The fact he hasn't won against teams with winning records is a very strange stat.
reason # 10 why I feel the Cowboys win by 15 or more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football