Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:55 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times

Advertisements

If anyone from Pats nation is going to the Parade please post pics!!! I wish I could be there (even in 5 degree weather). I'd love to see....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 09:56 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Default Official NFL Team Thread of the Year 2014: Unofficial Official "Pats" thread

I usually do these RIGHT AFTER the Super Bowl ends... but I've just been so busy...

2014 New England Patriots

Regular Season & Postseason recap

2014 Final Season Record: (15-4)

Official Team Thread of the YEAR: Unofficial Official "Pats" thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:30 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
No prob my friend! Will make this a *sticky* for the rest of the week.

JJG has been doing this even longer than I've been modding the football forum. I'll close one of the other post game SB threads. He's been quite a help to the forums, such as the links he provided for all team threads.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:33 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Default Patriots Parade Live Stream

Live stream of the Super Bowl Victory Parade in Boston

Patriot's Parade

Old 02-04-2015, 06:14 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
No prob my friend! Will make this a *sticky* for the rest of the week.

JJG has been doing this even longer than I've been modding the football forum. I'll close one of the other post game SB threads. He's been quite a help to the forums, such as the links he provided for all team threads.
Thanks.

I'm still surprised that every team got their own thread. This was probably the most successful thing done here.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Whoa, was so pleased to see this thread. Thanks JJG. As a proud member of Patriots Nation I am tickled pink of our boys!

Old 02-07-2015, 08:08 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
All I can say is, as a Pats fan, I am proud and amazed at this dynasty.

What gets me the most about what I've witnessed as a fan is the longevity of this dynasty, almost twice as long as any other dynasty in the history of the NFL. This has spanned the entire career of Tom Brady, and most of Belichick's. Their overall accomplishments are nothing short of historic.

And what made this Super Bowl so sweet, to me the best of the four Pats victories was the overall scenario.

The two best teams played arguably the best Super Bowl game ever. You had a budding dynasty against a fading dynasty (no other team since the Pats started winning had ousted the Pats from that dynasty status, BUT because they had lost the last Super Bowl in the minds of most it had almost faded away. Brady orchestrates a historic 4th quarter comeback. Then that catch, reminiscent of Tyree. Then the most unlikely of interceptions. And with the what now seems like a manufactured story of hate and blame, the Patriots endured a huge distraction. They overcame it all. As devastating a loss as the Giants beating the Pats to end an undefeated season, the elation of this victory was grander.

From a fading dynasty to the best (longest). Legacies that already had the cement poured, but those previous two Super Bowl losses wasn't letting the cement dry to outsider fans - this win dried that legacy cement for Brady and Belichick. Any talk of Brady versus Manning is over and done with, forever.

I am posting this in a Pats thread. Gloating. Beaming. Ecstatic. Proud. Laughing at the uninformed haters who continue to use the cheating word for their own well being, knowing in fact haters are just so tired of a team winning for almost a decade and a half. I've had my cake and ate it four times, and twice was within a 2 minute warning of eating it two more times.

That my friends is greatness. That is a legacy of a great player and coach. That is a dynasty. And anyone who wants to argue the point - go ahead as it won't change my mind, not even close.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:06 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Excellent post, metal. I think you stated what every fan in Patriots Nation thinks and feels.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:40 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Is it laziness to keep calling everyone who is not a Pats fan a hater? Not everyone who is a fan of other teams hates the Pats. Why such strong language Were you a hater two years before when the Ravens won the SB? If not how do you feel being called a hater?

Isn't it similar to calling everyone who doesn't know as much you do about any given subject stupid? It makes you, who use the term, sound like the hateful ones.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:58 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Is it laziness to keep calling everyone who is not a Pats fan a hater? Not everyone who is a fan of other teams hates the Pats. Why such strong language Were you a hater two years before when the Ravens won the SB? If not how do you feel being called a hater?

Isn't it similar to calling everyone who doesn't know as much you do about any given subject stupid? It makes you, who use the term, sound like the hateful ones.
I apologize, but I don't.

I am not sure what news you read about the NFL. I am not sure what you get out of the media. Not only do I follow the home town media, but as a fan of the game, I follow the entire NFL, and many times from other teams perspective.

In general, ever since Spy Gate, no other team, and I mean not even close (and that includes the Seahawks who seem to garnish some......sorry for the word.....hate), has been looked at which such doubt. The label cheater was stamped on the Patriots in 2007, and wrongfully so if you understood the whole story. In 2007, after the stamping, fans and many media turned back the clock and "assumed" the Patriots must have cheated and thus wanted asterisks next to their 3 Super Bowl victories. Then, in the lead up to this Super Bowl comes Deflate Gate, which spurs more venom and hatred (there, I said it again) towards the Patriots.

You have continued to say not everyone are haters, and the Patriots are liked by the media. Just start reading the past and present. No other team has come within a universe of the attention the Patriots get, the tarnishing of two greats in Brady and Belichick.

Fine - you can come here and defend yourself as a non-hater. I'm happy for you. But you just have no clue what you are talking about when looking at how the Patriots are portrayed by fans outside of New England, by a lot of media, and even past players, continually labeling the Patriots. It is so obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football