Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:27 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Thank you, Matt Barkley. Anyone else have a comment?"
Yup. He needs to go away!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Yup. He needs to go away!
"Thank you, Mark Sanchez. Does anyone who didn't go to USC have a comment?"

Old 04-20-2015, 09:00 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So someone looked this stuff up... it may seem like I am adding fuel to the fire, but I am not. I understand who he is and what his body of work is. However...
  • In his short NFL career Tebow has engineered more game-winning drives (7), according to Pro Football Reference, than either Sam Bradford (5) or Nick Foles (5).
  • As a junior in high school, playing for Ponta Vedra-Nease (Fla.) Tebow played the fourth quarter of a game with a broken leg and scored a touchdown on a 28-yard run.
  • He has won a high school state championship, a Heisman trophy as a true sophomore, a college title, and in the only extended playing time he received as a professional, he went 7-3 and won a playoff game.

He is a winner. I understand it doesn't make sense, but can you ignore the resume'?
"He is a winner." This is what you say when you can't say anything about his actual talents. You're confusing skill with circumstance.

You can't say he has a good arm, or he's intelligent and can read defenses, and you certainly can't say he is accurate. He has none of the skills that are basic prerequisite for being an NFL quaterback. Those who say he should just become a fullback or a TE are totally crazy. He has never demonstrated an ability to block or catch the football. And his speed and agility while a plus attribute as a quarterback are bottom of the barrel for TEs and FBs. He simply does not belong in the NFL

I wonder about these people who keep saying what's the harm of giving him a chance. My question is what is the benefit? This man has proven to not have a spot in the NFL, we're not talking about a 2nd chance here, that would be understandable. This is the 4th chance... why in the world would you expect now to be any different? Should we also given Ryan Leaf a chance? Jamarcus Russel? Brady Quinn? Should we dig up every never-was and throw them a uniform?

(Mod edit-two sentences deleted)Ignoring his resume is easy because I've watched him play. I understand his run of victories and game winning drives is nothing but dumb luck and the benefit of playing on a team with an incredible defense with the Broncos. That resume is as meaningless to me as if I flipped a coin ten times and it landed tails all ten, I know enough to know that doesn't mean the odds on the next toss are anything other than 50-50.

Tebow was lucky many seasons ago, he's done nothing since and he'll do nothing again. Chip Kelly is suffering from the most severe case of thinking he's smarter than everyone else that I've ever seen.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-21-2015 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: Don't!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Were Tebow capable of being a quarterback in the NFL the Cardinals would have brought him in. They went into the playoffs with a 4th string quarterback rather than call Tebow. Who was practicing in Scottsdale.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:31 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Enough.

I let this go for an extra day because the OP has only been with this message board for a short time. All we have here is the same repititious banter that we've had with over two dozen Tebow threads and hundreds, if not a couple thousand posts. Nothing new. Best to stop it now.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football