Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:10 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Not even a Pats fan and I am happy about this.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:16 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
The Patriots paid off the judge, obviously. V.I.Cheat

Old 09-03-2015, 09:24 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Excellent decision. Now let's watch football!

Old 09-03-2015, 09:27 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The NFL can't keep taking these losses in court. It makes it seem like their punishments don't matter

Old 09-03-2015, 09:30 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I guess I am in the minority but this was a GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE. The court undermined the NFL's right to suspend talent who break rules. Brady lied and his evidence and gets to play because he moaned, whined and *****ed like the cry-baby he is when he cried to daddy about the league being unfair to him.

So now can a Bobby Massie, Daryl Washington or Ray Rice appeal their suspensions because Brady got away with a far worse crime?

I hope someone cuts Brady down to size this season. I normally don't root for injury in sports but I'll gladly do it this year. I plan on NOT watching ANY Pats game this season. I'll let the ratings do the talking and hope that others do the same.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:30 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
There was NO evidence on which to convict Brady. Can't find someone guilty when that is the case.

The lack of evidence was, in part, due to Brady having destroyed it (the phone) and I am somewhat surprised that the court didn't make an issue of this and convict him based on circumstantial evidence.

Regardless, what a stupid waste of time and resources (MANY $$$) on Goodell's part. Hope this is the end of his tenure. They could have slapped Brady with a $25,000 fine way back when and been done with it. Instead, the probably spent $25 Million...and got nothing but embarrassment.

Don't give a hoot about the Pats one way or the other, but glad to see this outcome. Just makes a farce of the game and the league.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
This case was a sham at best. Should maybe have been a small fine for equipment issues.

More about how billionaires fight with each other.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:45 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
There was NO evidence on which to convict Brady. Can't find someone guilty when that is the case.

]The lack of evidence was, in part, due to Brady having destroyed it (the phone) and I am somewhat surprised that the court didn't make an issue of this and convict him based on circumstantial evidence.

Regardless, what a stupid waste of time and resources (MANY $$$) on Goodell's part. Hope this is the end of his tenure. They could have slapped Brady with a $25,000 fine way back when and been done with it. Instead, the probably spent $25 Million...and got nothing but embarrassment.

Don't give a hoot about the Pats one way or the other, but glad to see this outcome. Just makes a farce of the game and the league.
To the red, THAT'S the case in a nutshell. The balls were under inflated as per the Colts interceptions by the defense and referees judgement after hearing the grievances. When asked about it Brady smugly denied it and the smashed his phone AND SIM card. That was why the league suspended him in the first place. Now the courts made a mockery of any suspension because a spoiled brat who is used to getting his way actually got told to sit in the corner and think about what he did for once and he didn't like it.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:47 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I guess I am in the minority but this was a GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE. The court undermined the NFL's right to suspend talent who break rules. Brady lied and his evidence and gets to play because he moaned, whined and *****ed like the cry-baby he is when he cried to daddy about the league being unfair to him.

So now can a Bobby Massie, Daryl Washington or Ray Rice appeal their suspensions because Brady got away with a far worse crime?

I hope someone cuts Brady down to size this season. I normally don't root for injury in sports but I'll gladly do it this year. I plan on NOT watching ANY Pats game this season. I'll let the ratings do the talking and hope that others do the same.
I hope you're joking. Ray Rice punched his girlfriend in the face and then proceeded to drag her by her hair. He committed an actual crime - and there is clear and indisputable evidence of it.

No one will care if you don't watch - a week from today when New England raises their 4th banner the ratings will be just fine.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:48 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I really don't care one way or another.

I am laughing at the people saying there was no evidence....well duh...because he destroyed it lol.

He was involved and the NFL knew it and tried to make it stick but couldn't....that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Seriously, what do you expect? Most of the guys in the NFL were big time blue chip college players and got money under the table or fake classes or a host of other special treatment going back to highschool or even earlier in their lives. They learned from an early age that cheating is part of the game (just like in Baseball and basketball too). There is big time $$$ at stake and cheating is in the DNA of football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.