Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 01:22 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Eh, I'm thinking more like 20-6 Seattle. What's going on with Lynch? Is he back? What ever happened to him anyway?
He's supposed to be back, had a hernia and hamstring problems all year. He's past his prime anyway. Seahawks will let him go after this season, they'll save a bunch of $$$$ and have a young Thomas Rawls who's better than Lynch anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 03:04 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I don't think Wilson will have another game like the last meeting(21-27 274yds 3tds), simply because Harrison Smith is back and healthy. He is a HUGE part of the Vikings defense(for example his 1st game back against the Giants, Manning had 3 ints and almost no passing yards).

I also don't think Lynch will be as big as a factor as what some think, Thomas Rawls was better than Lynch in all games he played in (including meeting #1 with the Vikings). I definitely don't see this being 38-7 again.
Wilson has been very consistence over the last half of the season and is the NFL leader in QBR at 110.1.

The problem with the Vikings is they are a one dimensional team...stop the run and you will stop the Vikings. Bridgewater may become a good quarterback in years ahead but he is differently over his head against the NFL elite right now.

Arizona has probably one of the best defensive back in all-pro Patrick Peterson and Seattle ripped him the whole game.

The Viking game against the Giants and Eli Manning, you are using that game as a example of the Viking defense? You're kidding me... right.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
high temp for Sunday to be 8 above with wind chills below zero...
Cold and snowing at the Seahawks practice field in Renton today, low thirties all week.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying Bridgewater and Roethlisberger are among the same rank (obviously they aren't) but Seattle's defense is definitely able to be broken down. I'll say it'll be a 10 point game or less
Las Vegas has Seattle by 4.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:11 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
Seattle might be the scariest team in the league again. I got the feeling that they won when they really wanted to...destroying good teams when they wanted to. Take away the first half of the season and what kind of stats do they have?

Being a Bronco fan, I do not relish playing Seattle again. I think we have a real good chance against everyone else.

Nobody wants to play Seattle. Nobody. Look what Seattle did to Arizona yesterday.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
He's supposed to be back, had a hernia and hamstring problems all year. He's past his prime anyway. Seahawks will let him go after this season, they'll save a bunch of $$$$ and have a young Thomas Rawls who's better than Lynch anyway
Lynch is 29...hardly past his prime. But I agree Rawls is Seattle's future and Lynch's replacement.

May I suggest you look up two replays of Lynch...the wildcard game against the Saints in Jan 2011 and the run against the Cardinals last November where he ran over Patrick Peterson and half of the Cardinals team.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
I don't think Wilson will have another game like the last meeting(21-27 274yds 3tds), simply because Harrison Smith is back and healthy. He is a HUGE part of the Vikings defense(for example his 1st game back against the Giants, Manning had 3 ints and almost no passing yards).

I also don't think Lynch will be as big as a factor as what some think, Thomas Rawls was better than Lynch in all games he played in (including meeting #1 with the Vikings). I definitely don't see this being 38-7 again.
It's not going to be a whole lot better, though. Bridgewater just isn't ready to take on the NFL's best--overlooked in last night's Viking victory is the fact that the Vikings barely registered 200 yards of offense..

The Vikings have made great strides, but like the 1968 Vikings ( divisional winner at 8-6), they aren't quite ready for the big boys just yet. They won't advance any further..

Old 01-04-2016, 04:32 PM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Vikings are a great story, great coach, I like Zimmer, but they aren't quite there yet. Bridgewater is going to be a good QB in this league and Vikes certainly won't take a step back next year. They are going to be at the top of the NFC not the bottom.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:04 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,465,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Lynch is 29...hardly past his prime. But I agree Rawls is Seattle's future and Lynch's replacement.

May I suggest you look up two replays of Lynch...the wildcard game against the Saints in Jan 2011 and the run against the Cardinals last November where he ran over Patrick Peterson and half of the Cardinals team.
Turning 30 in the same calendar year is typically bad news for a RB even for Lynch despite the play you referenced from 5 year ago when he was in his prime. If you were the GM of any team in the NFL would you sign Lynch to a long term contract since he's not past his prime?

Playing with a wind chill below 0 is much tougher than playing at 30 degrees as well.

Don't think this will be a blowout like the earlier game.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

Looking up replays of highlights justifies nothing. You can look up replays of any decent player and see how good they USED to be. Look at the games he did play in this year, he looks worn down and tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football