Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 09:08 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,660 times

Advertisements

Cowboys - Eagles game does not matter. Cowboys are #1 seed in NFC and Eagles are out of playoffs. However, this is a rival game. Like others have said, they will probably have starters sit out to not get injured before playoffs. Would love to see Romo play. But then again, this is a rival game and both teams are playing to win and bragging rights.

Two games that will be great and playoff on the line: Lions/Packers and Redskins/Giants. Both will be good games.

Hate that Carr got hurt, but Raiders are still in the playoffs. Would like to see them keep it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 10:33 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
Need to go 10-6 to hit 170 wins for the season.

Baltimore at Cincinnati
Houston at Tennessee
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
New England at Miami
Chicago at Minnesota
Buffalo at New York
Dallas at Philadelphia
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Atlanta
New York at Washington
Arizona at Los Angeles
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at San Diego
Seattle at San Francisco
Green Bay at Detroit

Old 12-31-2016, 12:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Last week: 8-8
Overall: 150-88.

Week 17, a bunch of teams either playing out the strings on bad seasons, or playoff teams with no spots to move. Hopefully I can get to 10 wins, but I have a feeling I'll be happy to get out better than 4-12 because you really have no idea which teams want to end the season strong, and which teams want the season to end, and likewise with teams already in the playoffs: how long, if at all, do the starters play. I'll still go on record as saying week 17 is the hardest week to pick for the season.

Baltimore @ Cincinnati. Ravens will send Steve Smith out with a win. If Smith was coming back this would be an easy Bengals win since the Ravens wouldn't care. Their season officially ended last week, and it's not like they are playing spoiler with the Bengals long since out of it either.
Houston @ Tennessee. I LITERALLY have no idea. Backup vs. Backup. Texans are in the playoffs, and are playing next week, so will likely sit the starters at least for a half, but the Texans backup is better than the Titans backup. Flipping coins here.......and the coin says Texans!
Carolina @ Tampa Bay. Bucs can still end the year on a high note.
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis. Jags playing for jobs, while the Colts will likely be playing for the last time under Pagano and or GM Grigson.
New England @ Miami. Denver's going to beat Oakland anyways which will make this game meaningless, but the Pats will end all doubt.
Chicago @ Minnesota. Last week notwithstanding, the Bears have actually played well down the stretch while the Vikings took a huge dump the last half of the season.
Buffalo @ NY Jets. Jets checked out Thanksgiving weekend, they haven't been close in a game since that 1 point home loss to the Patriots Thanksgiving weekend.
Dallas @ Philadelphia. Cowboys have a bye, so I would play the starters at least 3 quarters, if not the entire game.
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh. IF Cleveland lost last weekend OR Pittsburgh lost last week this would be an easy Steelers pick. If Cleveland lost, this is still a rivalry, so the Steelers would be playing to keep the Browns winless, and IF Pittsburgh had lost, they'd be playing for a playoff birth and/or the division. As is, Cleveland won last week, Pittsburgh won, clinched the division and the #3 seed in the playoffs, so really not much for either side, so I'll go to the coin flip app again (and yes, there is indeed a coin flip app for the iPhone) for a winner and the winner is.....Browns!
New Orleans @ Atlanta. Saints will want to avoid having the Falcons lock up the 2 seed (well at least by beating them, they can still clinch it other ways with a loss), but the Falcons take it at home.....well because this is still a regular season game, even though it is January. They don't get soft in January until the playoffs.
NY Giants @ Washington. I'm a Nationals fan, so I can say this: When does ANYTHING good happen to DC Area sports, especially when they are playing at home in DC in the playoffs or with a chance to get to the playoffs??
Arizona @ Los Angeles. Rams just lost at home to the Niners last week, while the Cardinals just won in Seattle. That tells me the Rams are uninterested, while the Cardinals still care.
Oakland @ Denver. Poor Raiders . Had a chance to clinch the division, a bye, and quite possibly a trip to the Super Bowl. 1 horrific injury later they are likely a wildcard 1 & done team.
KC @ San Diego. Chiefs take advantage of the Carr injury by sneaking in the back door and stealing the division from the Raiders.
Seattle @ San Francisco. This game is taking place the same time as the Falcons game, so the Seahawks still have a chance at the 2 seed, so they'll likely go all out.
Green Bay @ Detroit. Right now since I have the Giants winning which will put both teams in the playoffs, a Packers loss gives them a slightly easier path to the Super Bowl (in my opinion), while a Redskins win puts this game as a "win and your in, lose and your out game" which obviously you'll be incredibly dumb or stupid to pick the Lions (a mortally wo-be-gone franchise) over Rodgers and the Packers, so this pick WILL change to the Packers if the Redskins do indeed win, though I'll make it official with another message after the game ends.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:21 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Talking Have a GREAT 2017, C-Ders! ~ Colt

Old 12-31-2016, 05:27 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Nice! Happy New Year Everyone as I won't be up later, no doubt!

Old 12-31-2016, 06:41 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,396,356 times
Happy New Year to you too, Susan!

Old 01-01-2017, 06:32 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Happy New Year, everyone! It's been another great season and it's hard to believe it's all winding down now. Here are my picks for the final week of the season:

Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens
Jaguars @ Colts: Colts
Patriots @ Dolphins: Dolphins
Bears @ Vikings: Vikings
Bills @ Jets: Bills
Cowboys @ Eagles: Eagles
Browns @ Steelers: Steelers
Panthers @ Buccaneers: Buccaneers
Texans @ Titans: Texans
Saints @ Falcons: Falcons
Raiders @ Broncos: Broncos
Cardinals @ Rams: Cardinals
Chiefs @ Chargers: Chargers
Seahawks @ 49ers: Seahawks
Giants @ Redskins: Giants
Packers @ Lions: Packers

One little thought: Maybe it was belief in their defense despite a putrid offense, or maybe it was stubborn homerism on my part, but I didn't pick against the Broncos all year. Not going to start today, even though our offense the past few weeks has shown us the defense needs to hold the enemy under 10 in order for the Broncos to win!

Old 01-01-2017, 08:19 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Week 17

Falcons
Ravens
Jags
Patriots
Vikings
Bills
Eagles
steelers
Bucs
Texans

Redskins
Broncos
Cardinals
Chiefs
Seahawks

Packers

Old 01-01-2017, 08:23 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Happy New Year everyone!

Old 01-01-2017, 10:18 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,244,181 times
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Houston at Tennessee
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
New England at Miami
Chicago at Minnesota
Buffalo at New York
Dallas at Philadelphia
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Atlanta
New York at Washington
Arizona at Los Angeles
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at San Diego
Seattle at San Francisco
Green Bay at Detroit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football